cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any fault or just the router coughing?

VictoriaIceni
Grafter

Any fault or just the router coughing?

I wondered if someone at PN could check my connection/line. The past month or so I've been aware that my router(HubZero) rebooted itself overnight a couple of times. I only caught it when logging into my router and seeing the up time was less than expected. I usually have to reboot the router(turn off via plug) once every 21-28 days when it goes sluggish, but these weren't times when I would have rebooted. (I always make a note of it when I reboot).

The speed seems OK and not different to usual, the Ping is a little higher but not an issue. I've done a Quiet Line test and that's fine.

The couple of times this month that I've discovered are the early hours of 6th May and 15th May, but there were also one I noted at the end of March. 

It would be nice to know if I have a potential problem or if it's yet another router starting to cough and splutter...this one is less than a year old iirc. Or if it's just one of those things where the router just reboots for no reason overnight. sometimes.

2 REPLIES 2
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Any fault or just the router coughing?

Hi @VictoriaIceni,

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing these issues with your connection. I've tested your line and everything all appears to be fine and the connection has been stable for the last 7 days, as can be seen in the below graph, however I am going to slightly boost a setting on your line known as the SNR Margin to see if it helps improves everything from your end.

These changes should go through within the next hour, so please reboot your router and keep an eye on the connection over the coming days to see if you notice any improvements.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
VictoriaIceni
Grafter

Re: Any fault or just the router coughing?

Thanks for getting back to me. It's good to know the line is OK. I guess it could have been weather or any other reason for the reboots. I just wanted to make sure I didn't have a problem developing and catch it fast if it was. 

I'll reboot my router in a little while, as asked.