Did you mean: 

Any StumbleUpon users?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Any StumbleUpon users?

Evening,
Are there any StumbleUpon users amongst us? I've been having problems with the Firefox plugin since volunteering for a trial we're running and I'm wanting to find out if people who aren't part of this trial are experiencing similar symptoms. Take a look here for the background.
Would appreciate somebody trying to replicate the problem so I can narrow it down to the trial as opposed to PlusNet connections in general.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

9 REPLIES 9
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Any StumbleUpon users?

Bob,
You need to move the link as it is to the hidden forums.
error is
An Error Has Occurred!
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Well it proves the permissions work!  Roll_eyes
David
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Oops! Didn't realise those forums were permissions based. Here's a copy of the post I linked to:
Does anybody use the StumbleUpon Firefox plugin?
I have a very peculiar problem and I want to rule out Aladdin as a potential cause before I investigate further. I've just been stumbling images and found that almost everytime I clicked the Stumble button I got a connection reset error in Firefox. If I refresh the page though the website displays OK.
Disconnected and tried RIN and it worked seamlessly. Now back on PlusNet and the problem persists. Can somebody whose also on Aladdin give this a whirl and let me know their findings?

Basically, I just need confirmation that there are people able to use StumbleUpon without experiencing the above problem.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

I'm using the firefox toolbar with no issues at all, if that is what you are referring to?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yes it is. Thanks adiewoo. If anybody else can stumble without issues then please post here. Once I've seen two or three people reporting all's fine then I think it's safe to say it's a problem with the trial I'm participating in that I'm seeing.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

nmercer
Grafter

No problems here either Bob.
mcgurka
Grafter

Not sure if this is related or not, but I am being plagued by 'connection was reset' errors when trying to access bebo, myspace etc... but only on a PN connection?
Scott
Santiago
Grafter

StumbleUpon works ok for for me
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

StumbleUpon works OK on the trial system now; it needed a small change to the protection classifications to fix it.
Quote from: mcgurka
Not sure if this is related or not, but I am being plagued by 'connection was reset' errors when trying to access bebo, myspace etc... but only on a PN connection?

It's the same error but for those not on the trial the cause must be different.
David
David