cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Faster

valart
Grafter

Any Faster

My download speed is 4.7Mb my upload speed is 0.9Mb it as always been around that mark since I joined PL and it is bearable I was told it as something to do with the exchange distance.when i see figures from other suppliers which seem to have higher speeds can I go any faster with you.
4 REPLIES 4
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Any Faster

Hi there,
On your existing service I suspect the only way you could improve speeds would be to make sure the internal wiring is as clean as possible (remove bell wire, make sure router is in master socket etc) and see if that makes a difference. Otherwise it'd be a case of upgrading to Fibre which it seems is available in your area, if you're interested in that?
valart
Grafter

Thank you for your reply my router is in the main socket by passing any faulty wiring i did this four months ago and it solved all my dropped connections great news,what would be the package for Fibre broadband any reductions on being a old customer
houlton23
Grafter

If you have a look in your member centre and click product change or click here (login required) and then click 'change my products' it will show you all of the available packages and your estimated speeds.
Alex Smiley
AndyH
Grafter

Fibre might be the way forward - if you are close to your cabinet you could see a x10-15 speed increase over ADSL.
There's also half price for six months on fibre at the moment (is for existing customers too?).