cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another weird issue with a Netgear router

Ransomefan
Grafter

Another weird issue with a Netgear router

In  another post on a similar topic Oldjim states " when the error rate is so high that the signal is effectively borked the router should resync  I have seen cases with a Dlink, Netgear and an old Speedtouch where it didn't and just sat there" .
Recently my packet loss  gradually increased to 100%, Tbb monitor graph appended and eventually I lost connection and had to resync to get my connection back.  I had forced my sync rate up by telnetting my noise margin down.  Is this in effect the same thing? .Netgear DG 834Gv4 latest firmware.
My Broadband Ping

1 REPLY 1
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Another weird issue with a Netgear router

You clearly pushed your connection too far in terms of the SNRM/sync speed it could reliably achieve (I have the same router and even pushing it close to rather than beyond a sustainable limit meant that any increase in sync was partly lost in terms of throughput due to the number of errors created.)
You router will have lost the forced SNRM after rebooting, and is probably best left to its and the exchange's own devices for the best compromise between reliability and speed.