Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another migrating out question.

tonycollinet
Grafter

Another migrating out question.

Following this:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,81076.0.html
I think I've given up. Please can you confirm for me - if I migrate out to another ISP
1 - I can downgrade my account to dial up.
2 - Do I then keep all the email facilities I now have? (Unlimited mailboxes/aliases, catchall off etc)
3 - Do I get to keep my webspace?
4 - What happens to my referrals?
I know it's a bit cheeky hoping to keep these services while not paying anything - but at least it would act as an incentive to come back if it turns out the grass isn't greener.

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Re: Another migrating out question.

1) Yes but you must specify that you want this when you request your MAC and give 10 days Notice. Confirm it by Ticket
2) Yes
3) I did keep mine when I migrated out but this may have changed.
4) If you leave your DD details on file, PlusNet will credit your account each time your Referrals accrue to >£5. Otherwise, they will send you a cheque.
I migrated out to NewNet for 24 months in 2007 and did exactly this with my PlusNet account. When I returned, James was able to re-activate mu account with the same Username and my Webspace and Mail accounts were still active.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I suspect that when Wheel_nut came back his web space was reactivated as his product supported that - mind you I may be wrong  Embarrassed
I am almost certain that when you leave your web space will be deactivated and as the new products don't include it you won't be able to have it reactivated.
There was at least one post over at TBB where the poster was playing hell because his webspace had been deactivated before he actually left
Zap
Grafter

Quite reasonable to remove webspace.  I keep all of my web activities with different organisations, so if I drop one none of the others are affected.
I really appreciate Plusnet allowing one to keep email, it is one of the reasons so many people either stay with Plusnet through the rough times or return to them.
Long may it continue.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
1) Yes but you have to request this, it's not default behaviour anymore.
2) Yes, subject  to the usual rule of accessing every 90 days.
3) Yes, but you can only FTP to it from a PN connection.
4) They'll carry on accruing, and will be paid to your bank when they reach £5 (assuming you give us details, otherwise we'd send a cheque).
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: tonycollinet
2 - Do I then keep all the email facilities I now have? (Unlimited mailboxes/aliases, catchall off etc)

In addition to the comments above about this. You will NOT be able to use Plusnet's servers for SENDING mail unless you are dialled in to their network using a modem.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)