Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another day of Broadband faults

Alex_Hamilton
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Another day of Broadband faults

Another day (12/01/17) of intermittent broadband faults. This service is absolutely useless and I am at the end of my tether.

7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Another day of Broadband faults

What's the actual issue you're having as looking at the connection logs the line is stable:

And going back over your account, no fault has been reported to us in at least 2 years and your previous thread seemed to suggest you were getting the speeds estimated for your line: https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/Frustratingly-slow-not-much-use/td-p/1343640

If you can give us a bit more detail about the problem, we're happy to help look in to whatever issues you're seeing.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Alex_Hamilton
Rising Star

I was trying to upload to my website. I lost count how many times I tried and could not access your website. Unresponsive and then the connections timed out!  I could access any other website but not yours and I lost count how many times I tried - a complete waste of time. I managed to connect to the Forum and I posted the message and then your website became unresponsive again.  There was no indication that your website was down and there should have been.  I see from other messages that I am not alone in this.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Are you using a wired or a wireless connection to the router?

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Alex_Hamilton
Rising Star

My PC is connected with Ethernet cable, but I do not see that that should matter, because, as I said above, I could access other websites. Thank you for your message, which I will read with great interest. But one thing I can agree on immediately. Plus Net has changed and it is now nothing what it used to be when I signed on about 10 years ago. The most annoying thing is that they never admit that there is a fault and expect us to "prove to them" that all is well at out end. An insult to my intelligence, I'd say.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I'm confused!

You've posted in the broadband forum, the title of the topic is "Another day of Broadband faults", but there's nothing wrong with your connection because you can always access other sites?

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Alex_Hamilton
Rising Star

But I need to have access to Plus Net website too and not just one "success" in 10 attempts, but substantially better than that.  I cannot decide from my end whether it is the connection (broadband) that is causing this or that the website has become unresponsive, but the end result is that I could not either upload to my website nor post messages to this forum.

Alex_Hamilton
Rising Star

Cannot access my website at all now. Error message : Forbidden, you do not have permission to access (website address) on this server!!! That is competely nuts! Do not have permisson to access my own website - crazy.