cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another customer with ridiculously low speeds..

Edzashed
Grafter

Re: Another customer with ridiculously low speeds..

I got a reply from P/Net they are sending an engineer out on 21/1/13 am slot so hopefully just hopefully will have this sorted. Now this kind of response is e-fish-ant-sea sorry for those who don't get it N/m  Grin again thanks too all who helped will post back to let you know how it went    Smiley
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Let us know how the engineer visit goes.
Edzashed
Grafter

Hello well i have had 2 engineers out double booked  Shocked apparently, O well they both said i may have to have an underground check and or rein check as i was neg-37 too neg 47 but should have been over 50, so there will be another engineer out in the next day or two  Wink so hopefully things may just get sorted as the engineer said i should be receiving more like 54 Meg down and 16 up..Will keep you posted on further developments.  Tongue
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Not resolved yet but going in the right direction. Keep us updated.
Edzashed
Grafter

Is there any news as to when an engineer will be out. It has been almost a week now since i was connected to Plusnet and this is really becoming a bit of a common fault with FTTC now and from what i can see on the forums it is really littered with problems not a very good sign for anyone else wishing to join i wish sometimes that i had done more investigative work.. Needs resolving... Example: I bought a 4 slice toaster but only 2 slots work but never mind it still kind of does it's job blah blah blah ... But on the plus side customer support is quick to try and help...
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry to hear about this, I'm just picking this up with a member for our fault team now to get an appointment booked ASAP.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Edzashed
Grafter

I am sorry for whining but i am still waiting to hear about an engineer or someone who knows what they are doing, this has been going on for a week now my upload is the same as it used to be on sky adsl2+ god knows why everything is drop off city am i right in thinking i have 28 days to cancel without anything more to pay out as i have already paid out £145.86 for 12 months line rental and 1 month service..P.S sorry you techy staff are getting it in the neck again  Roll_eyes
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi again,
The fault case with our suppliers wasn't yet in the right status to allow us to book an appointment when we looked into this yesterday. I've just booked a new appointment for between 08:00 and 13:00 tomorrow.
Hope that's OK.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Edzashed
Grafter

I am baffled as to what is going on, the engineer who said he was a rein tester, said there will or should be a couple of vans out in the street within  the next couple of days for testing (as i had previously said in one of my other posts), great i thought then no show so have waited a little while nothing, then you guys have to book yet another engineer hopefully not to come out and do the same job two engineers (double booked)did on the same day  ::).  But yet again Thank you  Cry
Edzashed
Grafter

Thanks for the engineer visit Adam he has been done the same job as the other two engineers, but this time he has basically told me all i am going to get is 16 meg down and 1 meg up on 80/20 Profile, just 1 word too add ALUMINIUM it seems to be this little blighter that is all the trouble.... But he is going to Re-set my profile just to see if it will maybe give me a speed increase.. But it is a shame that Plus net and others could possibly lose a lot of customers because of the powers that be cannot replace the materials that should allow customers to experience the BB for streaming and homes that have Xbox gamers (3 in this house) lol
But again thankyou Smiley
  EDIT: i am getting 2.5Mbps up woohoo o happy days Cry
mushy
Grafter

If it is not meeting estimated speeds shouldn't they be replacing the aluminium cable with copper ones ?
Edzashed
Grafter

You would of thought so , But apparently not if we have enough customers complain in this area, or should i say of our box which is box 7 then they may just replace the aluminium, but as far as i can see it isn't  viable for BTOR to replace the old aluminium so i am wondering either to lower my throughput see if that may help or just revert back to adsl2+ because it is not IMHO worth the money Cry if i could manage 30 up 10 down say i would be more than happy but this is just not viable.. Undecided
dick:quote
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry to hear about the slow upstream, I've mentioned that to my colleague that's looking after your fault ticket.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Edzashed
Grafter

But it's not just the upload speed it's the download too... Now i have to leave the modem on for 10 days to see if it will connect higher as i have now had 3 soft re-sets lol sorry guys it's beginning to look a bit RUBBISH as it is being whitewashed by BTOR..........
mushy
Grafter

If it is not reaching the estimated speed it is faulty and should be rectified by whatever means neccessary.
The estimate should have taken into account the line and any cabling to start with and they should know what it should be.
Thats what i think anyway but i suppose that isnt going to help you get it sorted