cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Airport Extreme connection problem

danielhand
Grafter

Re: Another Airport Extreme connection problem

I managed to pop home at lunch time and tried both connection via PPoE on the laptop and re-doing the setup on the router. I have attached images below as I am still having no luck.
I called the BT engineer from yesterday and he said that as the green light is turned on on the modem then everything is working correctly up to that point so it seems that it stops there.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

double post sorted - good that you removed your username from the images  Smiley
danielhand
Grafter

I did originally upload them with the username without realising and it wouldn't let me re-upload the files
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

For the future
You need to first uncheck the attachments then you can upload them again
danielhand
Grafter

Ok, thank you Oldjim. Hopefully I'll get this resolved. There seems to be a number of different solutions available but no one seems to say whether any of it works Sad
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Well it looks to me like you have the configuration correct, assuming the username/password is correct
There's a couple of things that could be causing the problem,
1) Your installation has not been completed correctly by BTOR, i.e the routing to PlusNet hasn't been completed and so your PPPoE connection fails.
2) Your PlusNet account hasn't been activated
I would have thought that Chris can quickly check those...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

danielhand
Grafter

So there's no other settings that I need to have a look at on the Airport?
Always something that goes wrong. Embarrassed
danielhand
Grafter

Sorry to be a nag but has anyone from Plusnet been able to look at this for me?
Ideally I'd like to get this resolved today
acarneiro
Grafter

I have teh exact same set-up and it all works fine, so the issue may indeed be with BTOR (steaming pile of poo that they are, it wouldn't surprise me!).
Bit of a long shot, but under Internet Options, have you tried setting IPv6 to "Link Local Only"?
IPv6 implementation is odd at the moment and may break things...
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Sorry to be a nag but has anyone from Plusnet been able to look at this for me?

Try dropping Chris a PM

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Daniel,
From what I can see you seem to have the configuration of the airport correct so this is a tough one to diagnose  Undecided
I think the best course of action would be to raise a fault here if you're unable to get a connection to the internet by using an ethernet cable directly connected between the BTO modem and laptop/PC. Failing this it may be a call to Apple support to run through the settings on both the Airport and computer to rule out any software/hardware issues.
danielhand
Grafter

Hi Acassim, I've tried connection directly to the BTO modem from my laptop and connect via PPoE (screen shot above somewhere) but this failed instantly.
Are you not able to see any pings coming from my username your end? Just to see whether there is anything actually going to your end.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

It may be a little more helpful if PN confirmed that the account has been activated!  I assume that's implied by the post above but it doesn't actually say so...
Do the  logs show any activity from the OP which confirms that PN are seeing login attempts?  
danielhand
Grafter

If I can't get this resolved, I'll have to get Plusnet to send me a router to rule out my Airport being the cause of the headache.
As I've said before, the green light is definitely on and stable on the modem just no connection when trying to connect via PPoE from either the Airport router or through my MacBook and setting up a PPoE connection
danielhand
Grafter

OK, I've done the walkthrough on the plusnet fault page so have now logged a fault so hopefully it won't take an age for this to get resolved.