cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ambiguous Peak Times from PlusNet

pjeaton

Ambiguous Peak Times from PlusNet

Hello All,
For the PlusNet service I have, it says that I have free bandwidth between midnight and 8am and a cap of 20GB at other times.
However, if I log into the member portal and look at my usage, it shows peak time as between 4pm and midnight.
Does anyone know which it is?
Thanks,
Phillip Eaton
St Albans, UK
4 REPLIES 4
lingbob
Grafter

Re: Ambiguous Peak Times from PlusNet

It depends on which package you're on.
Regards .....
pjeaton

Quote from: lingbob
It depends on which package you're on.
Regards ...

I'm on ADSL Home Surf at 18.99pcm. I've been on this since 2003.
Liam
Grafter

That is one of our legacy packages, where the peak is indeed 4pm - Midnight.
The product you are looking at is our new Broadband Your Way Option 3 @ £19.99/month which comes with 20GB Usage Allowance between 8am - Midnight and free overnight usage.
You may find it beneficial to upgrade to that package for the extra £1/month depending on your usage habits - as it does have some better features and you're not restricted using P2P / Binary Usenet.  You may also be able to downgrade to Option 2 @ £14.99 and save yourself some money.  Depends entirely on your usage - but the new products are worth a look and it's free to change should you wish.
pjeaton

Quote from: Liam
That is one of our legacy packages, where the peak is indeed 4pm - Midnight.

Ah, result, I think I'll stay where I am. I prefer to have 16 hours off-peak instead of 8 Wink
Actually, the most important thing to me is the static IP, but I also need to transer several large files occasionally, so my package still works for me.
Thanks for your help,
Phillip Eaton