FIXED
Brettnkatie
Dabbler

Re: Am I on adsl or adsl2+

That was my thoughts too MauriceC.
Brettnkatie
Dabbler

Hi Matthew, just curious how did you check that we are on adsl2+?
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Forget about the ADSL1 vs. ADSL2+ issue. It won't make much difference anyway due to the distance from the exchange.

You can also disregard the "acceptable" result from the BT Speedtester. It doesn't matter for this kind of speed issue. If your line speed were 0.5 Mb/s, and you got a speedtest result of 0.45 Mb/s, it would still say that's acceptable. It changes the acceptable range depending on whatever line speed you are connected at.

The line speed is very poor for the attenuation though. You should compare it with the estimates and the minimum guaranteed speed Plusnet gave you when you joined. Otherwise you may need to check out the wiring for all you telephone sockets, make sure any other sockets are dead while you're plugged in to the test socket.

Brettnkatie
Dabbler

Just wanted to thank everyone for their input, it is greatly appreciated. Looks like my problems may be solved. Woke up very early this morning and as usual checked the openreach cabinet checker and noticed availability for fibre. Jumped straight online to plusnet and submitted a request for an upgrade. Called them at 7:30 to confirm order had gone thorough. We have just had a confirmation email saying they have started the process of migrating us to fibre. Very happy. 😁 Thanks once again for all your help. 👍
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Fix

Glad to hear it.

Looks like the order is scheduled to complete on the 28th.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team