cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I on a fixed rate line?

iangoldby
Grafter

Am I on a fixed rate line?

I've submitted a ticket (25807484), but I just wanted to check with the knowledgeable people here that I'm not making an idiot of myself...
I asked on Wednesday to be regraded from the maxDSL product, which hasn't worked out for me due to an extremely variable line, to a fixed 2M connection. I'd rather have a decent fixed speed and perhaps a few short periods when I can't connect at all, than a sync rate that regularly varies between  <400kbps and 3500 kbps and an IP profile that rarely makes it above 500.
Support replied that the regrade was complete on Thursday morning. That evening I resynced my modem and got 2240/448 kbps, which was not the rate I expected. I've been led to believe that 2M is 2272/256 (and 1M is 1152/256).
Right now I'm synced at 2016/448. I notified support that perhaps the regrade hadn't worked, but they insisted "i can confirm that you are currently on a fixed 2Mb line".
Have I just misunderstood something fundamental here, or is there a chance the support people are mistaken? What should I do next?
2 REPLIES 2
prichardson
Grafter

Re: Am I on a fixed rate line?

Oh dear indeed.
I have passed the ticket over to the faults team, as it is clearly running at the wrong levels for the product you are on.
iangoldby
Grafter

Re: Am I on a fixed rate line?

Cheers.