cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I now restricted to 38Mb/s?

zackarydoo
Grafter

Am I now restricted to 38Mb/s?

I have the "Plusnet Extra Fibre" account, and my line connection speed shows as 71.6Mb. I used to get from 60-75Mb in speed tests, but accept this has slowed down and was aware the connection speed dropped to around 64Mb at one point. During speed tests then I still got around 60Mb.
I hadn't tested my speed for several months but a few weeks ago I gave it a go and have tried again several times at various times of day (all with wired connection to the router) and I always get in the high 30's. So it's suspicious that I am now restricted to a 38Mbps package.
Could this be looked at please. It could have been this way for months of course without me realising.
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Am I now restricted to 38Mb/s?

Hi there,
I've just run a few different checks and I can't see anything obvious that might be causing that for you.
I hadn't tested my speed for several months but a few weeks ago I gave it a go

I'd advise doing some fresh speed tests if you haven't done any since then and report that via our faults checker: http://faults.plus.net
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
zackarydoo
Grafter

Re: Am I now restricted to 38Mb/s?

Thanks for investigating Adam. It's still giving the same speeds so I'll report it as you suggested.
Thanks again,
Geoff.