cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I missing something?

kikim
Dabbler

Am I missing something?

I have been in contact with plusnet about usage limits and they replied that I needed to '' to set the transfer watch to''... . I looked up transfer watch on google and came across http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/additional-usage-and-data-transfer-watch/ which shows Data Transfer Watch to be in Connection Settings. I am confused as I dont seem to have this option on my dash..  .
Any help is appreciated. Thx

5 REPLIES 5
scream
Dabbler

Re: Am I missing something?

What you are looking for should be under 'Manage my usage' the icon with the pound sign. This should allow you to set the limit to either to usage allowance ie; 10GB or 60GB or you can set it a little higher so you can limit the extra spending you might incur should you exceed your usage allowance.
Just don't forget that if you do hit the limit you set your broadband speeds will be restricted until your usage resets on your next billing date, you should still be able to view basic websites with the restricted speeds, but you wont be able to download anything or P2P torrent or stream.
Hope you find it okay. Smiley
kikim
Dabbler

Hi Scream,
Yes that's what I thought it should be. I used to be able to set the extra spend to £0.00 so it would restrict me to 60gb, but for some reason whenever I set it to that it says 'not set' i.e. infinite. I have even had a small 'argument' with them about this last month.............................................
Im not kidding I just tried it again right now any it managed to set to £0.00 monthly spend,,,, really plusnet???
kikim
Dabbler

For the record, I ticked this question today and this was part of the reply
''If you do not want to add any additional data on top of the 60gb you get automatically, you need to set the transfer watch to £11.49. At the moment, as there is already data added for this month, the minimum you can set is £21.49 until the usage resets on your next billing date.''
Can someone from PN explain what is going on?
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

try this link: https://portal.plus.net/data_transfer_watch/
also read the information at the end of this line on that page: 'Note: We recommend that you don't lower your maximum spend until your next billing date. Why?'
Yes, you can set your additional spend to 0.00 (but not if you have already exceeded this in your current billing period)
I think the internal systems that the staff see shows the total spend rather than the additional so their advice has got confused.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: walker23
I think the internal systems that the staff see shows the total spend rather than the additional so their advice has got confused.

This is indeed the case (the portal did used to display the total spend as well, but we changed that because we had a number of customers confused by it.
Basically, if you're on Extra at £11.49 and you set the limit in Manage My Usage to £0.00 then in workplace it displays as being set to £11.49.