cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice please!

benwigz

Advice please!

Hi. I joined plusnet on the 7th of July and when I first tested my speed, I was getting my original predicted speed (10mb to 13mb)

A few days later, this dropped to under 2mb. This was completely un-usable for me as I work from home a lot and need decent download speed to remote to my work computer. I contacted plusnet who advised me their was a fault on their end which would be fixed in a few days. Sure enough, it went back up to around 9MB.. not the best but still decent. A few days later the same thing happened, I raised a fault and they sent an engineer who "fixed" the line and I was back on 9MB. Around 3 days later, the exact SAME issue happened (I am actually quite patient when it comes to broadband issues, however at this point it was really getting to me due to the fact I was having to use my mobile data to work from home as well as browse the net/watch netflix)

After raising another fault, this was then "resolved" as it was an issue between my apartment and the exchange.

Sure enough, last night it has happened all over again and I've honestly had enough. I have done everything they have suggested, I have plugged into the master socket, bought new filters, tried the connection on multiple devices and I feel as though I am still going around in circles. Sure enough I will report this to plusnet who will raise another fault and the same thing will just keep happening and it's not good enough. I've been offered no reduction in the bill despite not being able to use it for at least 4 of the 5 weeks I've had it.

I genuinely believe plusnet just aren't able to provide a consistant broadband service to my apartment, and on these grounds is it possible for me to get out of my contract early? Surely I can't be forced to pay broadband prices if they can only provide dial up speeds?

Sorry for the long post, just very frustrated at the moment!

5 REPLIES 5
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Advice please!

I have plugged into the master socket,

Are you not normally plugged in to the master socket? When did you move the connection there?

Your line was disconnecting a lot last night and through to around 2am this morning. There's only been 1 drop since then.

Testing the line isn't showing anything too concerning on the stats, with the exception of the speeds being below where we'd expect for the length and the estimates

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 24.3 37.5
SNR Margin: 5.5 5.3
Errored Seconds: 3 2
HEC Errors: 2  
Cell Count: 8162 9646
Speed: 474 4291

Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS): 2272 Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS): 1817
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 86400 Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 86400
Indicative Line Quality: A Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 4114

Estimates

ADSL Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 12 -- 10 to 14.5 Available -- --
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 12 Up to 1 10 to 14.5 Available -- --

Testing the phone line shows:

Test Outcome: CIDT FAULT - HIGH RESISTANCE IMBALANCE DETECTED

Can you get a fault reported at https://faults.plus.net and we'll pick this up asap.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
benwigz

Okay I have raised a fault, as I have done many times before. Is it not just possible to provide me with a permanent fix? I shouldn't have to keep pestering for a service. Sorry to be stern but I honestly believe once the ticket I raised is resolved, that a few days later I will be back on here.

benwigz

Fault raised and not heard a single thing. I have just had to upgrade my mobile add-on for more data because I have used it all from tethering! 

benwigz

Any reason why I'm now being ignored?!? Not heard from anyone, I raised a complaint ticket which now seems to have vanished?! Had no update regarding the "fault"?!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm sorry for the lack of response. I can assure you your complaint ticket hasn't vanished, it's here.

The fault ticket was passed back to us on the 17th and it's around a 72 hour turnaround for updates from the faults team, so I'd expect a response by tomorrow. Having said that, I'm testing the line now and will respond shortly.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.