cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice please on a VP regrade?

mattfilm

Advice please on a VP regrade?

Hi
Joined Plusnet 68 days ago, never had daytime speeds greater than 250kbps with a sync speed of 7250 kbps. Middle of the night easily get 6000kbps +, but alas during the day speeds are so slow can't load gmail or google calendar as they time out! Browsing is basically a waste of time
Currently 50 BT speedtester results down the road, with a fault report containing 60+ posts. Middle of November BT actually went and checked the exchange end of my line and informed
'BT have identified that the VP you are connected to the exchange is running hot which means you will see a slow down in your speeds at this time'
Promised a fix by 25/11/09 date came and went, still slow. Updated to say fix by 4/12/09, date came and went still slow. Updated again today to say fix maybe in place by 11/12/09.
The Question - What can I do, anyone else been here before. It seems as though I'm stuck in no-mans between plusnet and BT. Does anyone know what sort of Service Level Agreement they have from BT, as the current one quiet frankly seems pathetic. How long does a VP regrade take? The annoyance is related to the deadline missing. But I'm now 68 days in, £40 quid down and not really got anything to show for my time or money.
Any advice would be greatly received.
Thanks
Matt
3 REPLIES 3
Mand
Grafter

Re: Advice please on a VP regrade?

Hi there,
Unfortunately the dates that BT give can slip, we can't force them to do an upgrade at any particular time, the best we can do is chase them on it and ask for an update.
chesterfield
Grafter

It appears you may be in the same boat as myself Matt.
Up until about three days ago I had full line speed at all times. (6.5mb) I am on the PAYG product where I pay for this, and I was getting it.  Happy bunny.
About three days ago, my peak speed dropped to below 600kbps, and my off peak now doesnt even reach my line speed.  Best I can get is about 4mb.
It would appear that either PN have changed something which has affected my product, or someone has visited the exchange, and for some unknown reason moved me onto another VP.
As you have found out, this is a bizzare industry, in which the customer, and even the ISP has no direct form of complaint to the people actually providing the service.  You cant speak to BTwholesale, you cant get PN to request anything from BT, and you just get threat after threat of being charged should the fault be at your end.  I know full well its not at my end, and I honestly believe these "threats" are made to dissuade people from carrying on with their complaint, as it means BT will actually have to do something.
You can be paying full price for a full speed service, and then without warning it can be cut by up to 90%, you are given no answer as to why, no form of redress with the people who are responsible, and to maintain your now 90% reduced product, you still get to pay full price.  It is completely unfair to the consumer and the governing bodies seem unwilling to do anything that will see this situation improved for the customer.
And as of next year we all get to pay 50p per month extra toward having this pathetic service rolled out to everyone!  Before they start rolling it out to everyone, it may be an idea for BT to fix the massive failings with the existing level of service.  Start becoming directly answerable to customers whos service is complete garbage for a start.
Ive created my own thread so as to not untidy anyone elses:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,81795.0.html
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Which is your exchange mattfilm?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)