Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice please - how to make my account switch as smooth as possible

toggie101
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Advice please - how to make my account switch as smooth as possible

Hello,
It's all change for me. I'm switching from BBY3 to Premium and to do this I'll also have to switch to PlusNet's Thomson router (my current model does not support ADSL2+). I'd appreciate a bit of advice to make things as mooth as possible.
- Support have told me the switch will happen on 30/4/2010 at midnight - not sure if that's tonight or tomorrow?
- Should I set up the new router now, with ye old ADSL; to test it works and then twiddle with settings upon account switch?
- Or wait until I lose the internet and swap in the new router and cross fingers that it'll auto-configure and give me new and improved internet access?
- Any possible 'gotchas' to look out for upon switch-over (eg. 10 days of fluctuating speeds).
Any help or advice would be very gratefully received.
Cheers,
Tony
2 REPLIES 2
Mand
Grafter

Re: Advice please - how to make my account switch as smooth as possible

Hi there,
You've actually been on 21CN for a while (but on ADSL1 rather than 2+). We've placed the modify now to complete tomorrow.
Your product will change tomorrow morning (we'll send you an email when it's done).
Personally I'd switch routers either now or tomorrow morning (reconnecting in the evening is not advised as conditions aren't optimal).
toggie101
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Advice please - how to make my account switch as smooth as possible

Many thanks for the reply.
I'm off to work now so I'll switch routers over tomorrow morning.
Cheers,
Tony