Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice please about loss of broadband

linda48
Dabbler

Re: Advice please about loss of broadband

Hi Jojo
Thanks for your reply.
When the broadband went off on Friday I did the same as I did when it was off between 14th - 18th May. I turned the router off, diconected it from the extension socket, changed the filter and plugged it in to the test socket. It's been connected and powered up all the time except for last Sunday when I had to go out and the router felt extra hot. I turnedit back on that evening and it's been on ever since.
I would be so grateful for ay help you could give me as I only joined on 30th April and had no connection for 11 of those days. I'm getting really despondant.
Regards Linda
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hi Linda, does the modem/router still feel extra hot? because this is beginning to possibly sound like a modem/router fault which I expect Jojo can address.
With regard to the posting stats problems do you know about PM's (The "My Messages" in the menu bar at the top)? I'll send you a PM and we'll see if we can sort the posting out there rather than clog the thread, which we'll leave for the fault problem.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Linda,
Are you still in the test socket or have you moved it back to the extension? Below is the connection graph since you joined us. It did seem a lot better in the beginning.
Jojo Smiley
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@Jojo
Was there anything indicating what the fault was in the engineers report from when there was no connection for 5 days?
linda48
Dabbler

Hi Jojo and Anotherone
I've just got back online and keeping everything crossed. BT Engineer has been fixing faults at the exchange.
Jojo
I'm still in test socket and will leave it there til tomorrow. When I first joined I attached it via extension socket once set-up was completed  as I don't have an electric socket anywhere near to the master socket!
Anotherone
Thanks for pm, I will read it now.
Many Thanks for all your help
Regards, Linda
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I can see the fault's still in hand, unfortunately it doesn't look like the work the engineer did has fixed the issue but our team are on the case and chasing for you. We'll let you know as soon as we have an update,hope it gets sorted soon for you.
linda48
Dabbler

Hi
Thanks Matt
I was sent an update Thursday afternoon to say that line now appears stable.
My connection has been absolutely fine for 2 days, so feeling very hopeful that the problems at the exchange are now fully fixed.
I'm really grateful to all at Plusnet who have been so proficient and supportive, and a big thank you also to Anotherone for all his advice.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks,
I'll pass that on to Matt for you. Don't hesitate to let us know if you begin to have problems with this again.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team