cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adsl Up and Down Frequently

MarkC
Grafter

Re: Adsl Up and Down Frequently

@MatthewWheeler thanks for this - that looks like the connection has been solidly up since Monday early afternoon. I'm concerned now that the engineer will come out Friday, see no problem and charge for the visit. How late can i cancel the engineer visit without being charged?

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi @MarkC,

The latest we can cancel an engineer visit is 48 hours prior to the appointment. If you've got an engineer booked for Friday and you're looking to cancel it, I would recommend letting us know by this evening at the latest. 

MarkC
Grafter

@Optimatts - if the connection has been solid since monday afternoon (ie 48 hours now) i'm in a bit of a quandary. If i don't cancel the engineer now then it will stay connected, whereas if i cancel the engineer it will immediately start dropping. 

I'm not sure i'll be available tonight, so i think i'll need to cancel the engineer now, and re-book if the problem reoccurs. 

Can you please confirm?

Mark 

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @MarkC,

If you could pop on the open fault ticket HERE that you want to cancel the appointment.

Sadly we cant book/modify/cancel engineer visits via forum posts.

If you reply to the ticket and then let me know on the thread here that you've responded I'll get it arranged for you.

MarkC
Grafter

@Optimatts i've replied to the ticket.

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi@MarkC I've got your response and I can confirm the appointment was cancelled as per your request.

Your connection has continued looking stable. Naturally let us know if this changes and we can go back and take a look.

MarkC
Grafter

@Optimatts i've just updated the ticket again - connection back to being bad again.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi MarkC, I've just added an update to the ticket for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MarkC
Grafter

@adamwalker  - thanks - it seems to have a pattern of being bad enough that I arrange an engineer visit, then clears up and is stable until i cancel the engineer visit, at which point it starts dropping again Sad

I'm keeping hard copy of the connection graphs so if/when an engineer attends they can see what the history is, and that it's intermittent.

Hopefully we can get someone in next Friday morning.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @MarkC,

Thank you for getting back in touch. Adam will be booking the next appointment as soon as the system will allow us to do so. Hopefully, next Friday morning should still be available for you.

As the issue is coming and going, I'd recommend going ahead with the next engineer visits even if the connection is stable near the time. We can see from your connection logs that there have been repeated issues so we wouldn't pass on a charge if the engineer said that there was no fault found during the visit.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
MarkC
Grafter

@EmilyD , @adamwalker 

Since the engineer visit (where as you know he could find no fault) the connection has been fine until today, but it's been up and down several times this morning.

The BT engineer could find no fault, and thought that a replacement router from Plusnet would prove whether or not the router was at fault - is there any way I could get one as a loan to prove if that's the problem or not?

There is obviously something wrong, and it's obviously very intermittent, and so far we don't know if it's the router or the line. What can Plusnet do to provide me with a reliable connection?

Mark

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Mark, I am sorry to hear that things are no further forward with this. 

We're not able to loan you a router I'm afraid but as per my reply to ticket 188183841 we may be able to provide one via our customer options team. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MarkC
Grafter

@adamwalker  - understood, but i don't want to sign up for a new contract and then be locked into an unreliable and substandard service. Can you give me a connection graph to see how things have been recently?

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hello @MarkC,

Thank you for getting back in touch.

I have provided a visual radius graph below, it appears that the connection has become intermittent again. On this occasion due to the length of your service with us, I have sent a new router. Please allow 3 - 5 working days for it to be received and if the issue persists, raise a fault here so we can continue the investigation with our suppliers.

Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
MarkC
Grafter

@Jubby - thanks very much. At least this should let us see where the issue lies. I'll let you know when the new router arrives - what model / type would it be?