cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actual speed much lower than estimated speed

Tee

Actual speed much lower than estimated speed

Hello,
my estimated speed is 7mb, but i only get around 2.6 mb. Why am i unable to get closer to the estimate? It's rather frustrating.
3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Actual speed much lower than estimated speed

Sorry to hear your speeds are low.
At the moment your speeds are banded between 1mbps and 3mbps most likely due to the drops shown below.

Some of these drops look like you've been turning the router off at night. Is that the case?
I'd recommend going through our troubleshooter here so we can investigate further.
https://faults.plus.net
If you have any further questions let us know.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Tee

Yes, i did use to switch it off at night, but recently i have been leaving it on, as supposedly that would help with speeds. However, i still seem to get dropouts, so it's not making any difference. I have even selected a channel for my router so it doesn't choose (automatically) a channel that may interfere with the many other wifi routers in the area (possibly causing dropouts).
I tried the troubleshooter, but at a certain point it threw up an error "something went wrong" page, which wasn't very helpful, not that i believe the troubleshooter will help my issue.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

If the dropouts are still happening after you've stopped turning the router off then there may well be a issue with the line.
The troubleshooter has gone through to our faults team so they can investigate further and we should know more within the next 24 to 72 hours.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team