cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation

richardwiggins

Activation

Hello. I have had a text saying my activation is due by midnight 17/9/16 but still no internet.

With having to wait for the line it's now been 4 weeks. What's the problem plusnet? Do you really think this is good enough.

Every time I try to call it's warning me of a 45minute wait and asking me to use the online help. I'm not getting any answers.

Please just do what I'm paying you for and provide me with the Internet.
Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
geek26
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Activation

Sorry to hear about this, 

One of the Plusnet CRT's should pick this up next week when there back in the office. Alternatively you can speak to the support team via chat at plus.net/contact although there might be a wait you will be able to do other things while you wait.

James

richardwiggins

This is not good enough. I need someone to tell me what is going on. Plusnet have promised to supply me with Internet in return for money.

What is the problem?
geek26
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

I'm really sorry about that chat normally works fine for me, I don't work for plusnet so limited to what I can do.

@HarryB would you be able to share some light on this?

James 

PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

@richardwiggins wrote:

What is the problem?

Chat doesn't work successfully if you have an adblocker enabled - as many have found.

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
richardwiggins

The problem is I have no internet despite being told it would activate on the 17th. And every time I go to chat it won't help me. And every time I call there is 45 + minute wait.

I understand you guys don't work for plusnet and are just offering help. Which I am greatfull of. But why isn't anyone from plusnet getting in touch with me to advise me on the issue and offer a solution.

This is basic customer service, I will happily cancel my contract but I fear I can't. The cooling off period is 14 days but it's been 4 weeks of waiting now.

What is the problem plusnet. Useless provider.
richardwiggins

Still no internet or any communication from Plusnet.
Allun

My message says it would be activated by the 13 th and I am still waiting. No further communication whatsoever and a call to them gets the usual, lines are busy, but no queue just hang up. So your not the only person with this problem and I bet there is many others.

For me though I have been getting 2 emails for each stage of activation, but maybe that's normal.

richardwiggins

I finally got connected today. I called them but instead of going to 'you have a problem' option. Select the 'I want to leave plusnet' option.

I got straight through to an advisor and told him I wanted to cancel my order before it begins. He asked to check my account and said that it should have activated but got stuck in the system.

Was on hold a couple of minutes then I was connected to the Internet.

Try this route and let me know how you get on.

Thanks.