cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation time

tjd
Grafter

Re: Activation time

As an estimate i'd say the wire from the master socket to the extension is around 10 ft
I'll remove the green wire and see if it makes any difference Wink
There's only a box on the top of the telephone pole and it's literally outside my front garden
Thanks again for your help
Edit: Removed the green wire from both ends, still no sync ;(
I reset the router to factory default also and still no sync.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

That's OK, I wasn't expecting any difference to your problem from the test socket, but with that short a cable to the extension and everything except 2 & 5 disconnected you shoudln't have any problems using the extension once the problem is fixed.
Is the phone line still working, can you get dial tone? If so try your Netgear router again and see if you can get sync. Even if you can't get a connection to PN, you could post the stats for the sync.
If you have no joy, then raise a BB fault if you haven't already and get the free dialup number.
tjd
Grafter

Update: Finally seem to be getting somewhere Wink
After a text and 2 emails this morning, i received a phone call from someone working at Plusnet who stated there's nothing wrong with the internet service they're providing on my line, and that he's raised the fault with his suppliers "BT i'd imagine"
Not long after, the sync light stopped completely, and not long after that.. it came on and stayed on.
Now here's the sync stats
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 1,824
Which is a big improvement on not being able to sync at all Tongue
Sync has been solid for best part of an hour and speeds seem to be stable "although someone reading newspapers online, and someone gaming online is a bit unstable at the moment"
I'd imagine the speeds will adjust accordingly within the coming days, and i'd just like to thank everyone who's helped me.
Thanks for your time and patience,
Tj
pierre_pierre
Grafter

it should get better as time goes on, dont switch you router off for the next ten days, the first three days are the most important.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

We need the Sync speed, attenuation, SNRM and power, Downstream and Upstream if you'd like us to comment on whether your line is giving the best it should.