cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Date Changed But No Explanation Why

iw11wfc

Activation Date Changed But No Explanation Why

Hi all
I am new to this site, and have recently decided to give Plus Net a go as an ISP as they came highly recommended.
I submitted my order and was given an activation date of the 9/9/2008 which was great.  On checking the Order tracker today I realised that the activation date had been changed to 18/9/2008.
I tried phoning customer support this morning and was informed that I would have a wait of around 15 minutes before I got to speak to someone about this.  I decided to go online and send a question from there.  I was informed that the response time was approximately 1 hour and 19 minutes, which I thought, fine that will do me.
After getting home from work I thought I would check the response by Plus Net to see what was happening, unfortunately I am still waiting response to my question.
The more this goes on the more I am starting to wonder if all the hype about Plus Net  is justified, and that have I made the right choice to change to them.
Can someone please restore my faith, and sorry for the long winded waffle
Many thanks
Ian
6 REPLIES 6
iw11wfc

Re: Activation Date Changed But No Explanation Why

Hi again
I just had a response as to why my activation date had been changed it reads as follows:
" Dear Mr Warner,
Unfortunately the initial order was cancelled by BT without a reason and as such we had to resubmit the order.
It will not be possible for us to speed this order up".
Does this happen quite regularly & has anyone else experienced this.  This sounds like a case of passing the buck to me or am I being a bit harsh
Many thanks
Ian

geewizz
Grafter

We are all at the mercy of BT when it comes to broadband on the BT network. Plusnet are at the mercy of BT and their strange ways too. I think you'll find that Plusnet are quite transparent when it comes to their customer service.
You quoted a response time of 1 hour and 19 minutes. I'm almost sure that this is not quoted as the expected time of response, merely the average response time for support tickets. Obviously average times are not minimum times and many tickets take much longer to deal with than the average.
You'll see from these forums that where Plusnet make a booboo they will admit it and communicate openly about how they plan to sort it. Then they get it sorted while keeping the customer and the forums informed of progress. That's something you won't see from many other ISPs.
I hope your experience improves soon and you get a chance to witness the high quality of service that Plusnet are capable of providing.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Quote from: iw11wfc
"Unfortunately the initial order was cancelled by BT without a reason and as such we had to resubmit the order.".
Does this happen quite regularly & has anyone else experienced this.  This sounds like a case of passing the buck to me or am I being a bit harsh

I'm not sure if it would be regarded as regular, but it does happen. The reason it was cancelled is probably human error by BT and experience shows the quickest way to sort it is to resubmit the order, regrettably accepting the delay.
In the mean time welcome to Plusnet and the forums.
David
David
Mark
Grafter

Hi iw11wfc and welcome to the forums.
I'll check this out when I get into work and find out whats caused the delay.
I would have expected you to get a call or an explanation of the reason by ticket tbh. Sad
James
Grafter

Hi Ian,
I've replied to your ticket giving you a little more detail into the reason why your order was cancelled.
The long and short appears to have been faulty equipment at the exchange along with a shortage of engineers able to fix it, hence our having to resubmit your order.
techguy
Grafter

Hi All
Am due to go live on PN next Friday on option 1 aaccording to my order ststus  which was submitted today (migrating from an ISP whp purchase transit bandwidth from PN (transit bandwidth is where a smaller ISP buys bandwidth from a larger one to leverage their connections to Tier one providers such as Cogent communications, Level 3 and others who form the main backbone of the net) as they were charging me a lot more than plusnet will and take a few network hops out into the bargin  :), also referred to as upstream bandwidth
Yep, thats right folks, I'm a networking geek who currently works in a desktop support role but will be doing a Cisco course next year (PN's infrastructure looks impressive)
But to get back on topic, to be fair to PN and all other ISPs who are in the unfortunate position of dealing a company like BT that has been privatised but still enjoys a monopoly when it comes to DSL tail circuits or indeed connection with an unbundled network they are pretty much at its mercy as its not like they can go elsewhere.
I got a flavour of this with the ISP I am migrating from when apparently a line card failed when upgrading me to a Max circuit , after about three days the fault was still showing on the ISPs view of wholesale's systems but when they chased with BT management the response was what fault? (reckon someone botched some work in the exchange and covered it up), was offline at home for one week.
As you can tell I'm a big fan of them. Roll_eyes
But to be fair the ISP did give me one month free for the inconveniece.
My point is folks, cut ''em some slack as chances are it isn't tbeir fault as they only control your connection (if your not unbundled from the point that the BT central drops your packets onto their network.
I just hope that BT don't get the monopoly on the new fibre network as in my view it should be state owned and ISPs should purchase access.
I would also like to see router cabinets deployed in every street so that people can enjoy an ethernet connection which is far better than ADSL could ever hope to be.
Cant wait to get going on PN and look forward to corresponding with y'all.

Oh by the way, I'm a Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician so if you've got any Windows problems please feel free to give me a shout and I'll respond as soon as I can in between shifts, eating and sleeping  Smiley
regards
techguy