Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Not Upgraded

Lethe
Dabbler

Account Not Upgraded

Hi
Following a move I've had the fibre install from BT on 14th July at my new home - however

• My account still shows as PlusNet Unlimited - no mention of fibre

• My address details haven't changed

• I wasn't sent a router - I've again asked for one but now this shows as a £40 charge instead of the expected P&P of £5.99.  And out of interest - where are you guys sending it to as you are still showing my old address

• My current speeds are 4.5mb down and 15mb up - this is probably related to my account settings

If you do need to contact me, my mobile details are still valid or you can reply here or to my raised ticket.  I really do need to get this working properly soon please - this hasn't been the smooth experience I was hoping for.
thanks
7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Account Not Upgraded

Hi Lethe,
regarding the points you've made (apart from the router) all that should be picked up and changed when we've confirmed your house move has completed and close the ticket. Rather than leave that any further for our house moves guys to pick up on I'll deal with that myself now.
Re the router, this was dispatched to the new address yesterday so I hope this has reached you, please let me know if not.
The mention of £40 relates to what we call a deferred contract, we haven't charged you £40 but that fee would be applicable if you were to cancel within the next 12 months, I hope this has been made clear previously, again let me know if not please.
Hope that helps, I'll go and update your account re speeds, package and address details right now.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Lethe
Dabbler

Hey Adam
Thank you very much for your assistance.  I wasn't really sure how this was all meant to proceed, as my parents also went with PlusNet fibre and 15 minutes after the BT Engineer left all their account details showed as upgraded and their shiny new router had them zipping along at 75mb!
Just a little feedback - it's a little off-putting to see this sitting in your account transactions
The payment for your Netgear WNR1000 - FTTC has now been made.
And then in another section you see this -
14/07/2014 HW31464364 Netgear WNR1000 - FTTC £40.00 Buy
It shows as hardware dispatch pending at the moment.
I still have 4.5mb down and 15mb up – when should I expect to see speeds more inline with fibre?  Should I reboot the BT box?
I appreciate the quick response.  
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem and thanks for the feedback.
The payment for your Netgear WNR1000 - FTTC has now been made.
And then in another section you see this -
14/07/2014  HW31464364  Netgear WNR1000 - FTTC  £40.00  Buy

I totally understand how that can look. Any payments we've taken are detailed under your transactions here in case you feel you need clarification on that in the future: https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=view_transactions&s=0
I appreciate how the information presented may appear disjointed we are working on making improvements to our provisioning processes so I'll endeavour to find out if any improvements to hardware tracking are being looked into at least.
Regarding speeds please try rebooting the modem if that's still an issue. The best way to do this is to log in via the router: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/technicolor-582n-advanced.shtml
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Hang on a minute
Why are you providing the Netgear instead of the Technicolor
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We're not Jim,
the component for Netgears actually orders a TG582n, agents shouldn't be using that component to my knowledge so I'll double check that and feed back on it.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Lethe
Dabbler

Hi Adam
I was told that if I cancelled  there were fees to pay per month left of contract but that the router was free?  Is this not correct?  If I also have to pay a £40 fee for the router I'd rather just not have it and keep using my current equipment (which I only had to go out and buy because Plusnet didn't ship me one in time for activation)
For good news - I'm sitting on 39mb down and 18mb up this morning which is a great improvement , thank you.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hey there,
Sorry for any confusion we no longer charge for routers in such a way, it is genuinely free despite what you can see on your account summary.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team