cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing Plusnet abroad

TonyJollans

Accessing Plusnet abroad

I have just returned from holiday in Turkey and, while there, tried to access the member site. I typed my member name and password correctly - I did double check that the Turkish keyboard wasn't giving me anything funny - several times and was consistently told that my userid and/or password were wrong. Why? Is Plusnet restricted in some way?
I'm just looking for information for future reference really, this event itself was no great problem.
Thanks for any information,
Tony Jollans
5 REPLIES 5
chino
Grafter

Re: Accessing Plusnet abroad

You should not have any problems at all logging into the portal - Currently i am not working but am in Doha Airport waiting for my connecting flight (only 3hours and 50 minutes left Sad  ) I have just tried to login and i was able to login without any problems (checked 3 accounts ~ 2PN and 1 F9).
So i guess you only got the standard incorrect login details message? If so this is normally caused by either the wrong details or the wrong ISP in the drop down list.
Mark
PS please forgive any lack of English / spelling issues as i have been up for far too long to make sure i sleep on my next flight.
TonyJollans

Thanks for the prompt reply - at least I now know it should work.
I was very careful (after a couple of failures) to make sure I got the input absolutely correct (as displayed) but that doesn't mean it was correctly transmitted. I was using a kiosk PC with a Turkish version of Windows so there may be keyboard mapping and / or code page issues that came into play.
Hanging around at airports is one of the most boring experiences on the planet - I do try and avoid it but sometimes there isn't any choice. Hope it doesn't drag too much for you.
chino
Grafter

No problem.
I hope my time does not drag too much too! I booked these flights for the connections times (<1hour) though the flight times have been altered Sad So i might be late for work tomorrow!  Embarrassed
At least i have free wifi it's just a shame it must be on a 56k line which is shared by all passengers! - Also i got a error message which i have no idea why i got it!
Mark
Grafter

Feeble excuse Mark Smiley
techguy
Grafter

Don't Qatar block most things? (had trouble in my day job with people in Qatar trying to access servers I support, tried everything to get them through but no joy)
I gather most Gulf states have a rather err , robust security policy