Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abbey website problem?

Cliff_Jordan
Grafter

Abbey website problem?

Is anyone else having problems accessing the Abbey website today
http://www.abbey.com/
All I get is a brief glimpse of the welcome page then the "page cannot be found" screen
Cliff
10 REPLIES 10
James
Grafter

Re: Abbey website problem?

Hi Cliff,
I'm able to access the website from the office.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Working ok from a PN and non-PN connection
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Cliff_Jordan
Grafter

Thanks both - but I'm still having problems Undecided
No other browsing problems at the moment but I've not been able to get this website at all today - yesterday no problem. Any suggestions?
Could this be relevant - "You are currently connected to the "City Lifeline, Juniper 9" gateway. This gateway is sometimes known as pcl-ag02. "
Cliff
James
Grafter

Hi Cliff,
Have you tried rebooting your router?  That would be likely to move you to a different gateway.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

From a Command prompt, you could try typing    ipconfig  /flushdns    to purge the local DNS resolver cache
After the DNS problems of the last few days, you might have something 'stuck'.
It's worth a quick try.

Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Cliff_Jordan
Grafter

Tried re-booting router - got on to plc-ag03 - but still no access to Abbey website
Tried flushing DNS Resolver Cache - but XP told me it couldn't (might be another problem here)
Tried re-booting PC - but still no access to Abbey website using FF3.5
Tried using IE06 (which I found still lurking in the background on the PC) and I could access the Abbey website Cheesy
But the question remains - why?
I'm certain that I've been to the website since updating Firefox to 3.5 although I did have a play with the new privacy settings over the weekend - but why should it affect just this website?
Further suggestions appreciated - although the panic is now over.
Cliff
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I am on pcl-ag01. with FF3.05 no fancies on DNS and it loads OK
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The Abbey site loads and works for me using FF3.5. Had a look through the security and privacy settings, didn't spot anything that could be set specifically to cause problems just with this site.
You could try unintalling and reinstalling FF3.5, not retaining any existing settings.
David
David
Cliff_Jordan
Grafter

Found the culprit Angry
The NoScript  V 1.9.5 addon for Firefox. I already have the Abbey "whitelisted", but only disabling the addon completely  allows me to access the website - re-enabling brings the error back again. Similar problems seem to be being reported in the NoScript Forum. But without wasting any more time my solution will be a temporary disable when I need to access the site and wait to see if  the next NoScript update resolves the problem.
Thanks to all who tried to help.
Cliff
Cliff_Jordan
Grafter

Problem now resolved Smiley
NoScript has just updated to 1.9.6.9 and I can now access the Abbey website as normal without disabling the add-on.
Cliff