cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL2 to ADSL with uncapped upload . Yes please

mjtuohy
Grafter

ADSL2 to ADSL with uncapped upload . Yes please

Hi  I was reading a recent post about someone on ADSL2 with problems and Dave from + offered to change them from ADSL2 to ADSL with uncapped upload speed. Like lots of people on the ADSL2 trial seem to be having problems needing reboots. We have three PC's in the house and have to reboot the router at least once a day when one of the PC's can't see the internet. Its usually ok after. If trying ADSL uncapped might make our long line more stable again we are all for it. Would be good to try anyway. Stats
                                                  Connection 4980kbps
                                          Line attenuation  54.0 db
                                              Noise margin        7.8 db

Thanks Martin
14 REPLIES 14
itsme
Grafter

Re: ADSL2 to ADSL with uncapped upload . Yes please

Never have had to do a reboot in the 2 months that I've been on the trial. I run a web and email server so the connection is up 24/7.
Why do you need to do a reboot? Are you losing sync or PPP?
itsme
Grafter

Reading your post again it seem that you are saying that only one of the three PC's is losing connection to the internet at a time. If this is the case then it's a problem with the DHCP lease from the router to the PC.
mjtuohy
Grafter

Not sure all the lights are on as normal and  the internet is ok downstairs, then my son will come down and say the internet is not working upstairs. We reboot the router then It works. When it's not workin it cant find the ip adress. Any help please.
                              Martin

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I assume the PC upstairs is connecting by wireless - it sounds like the router.
I have a similar but different problem with my DG834G - if the router is switched off at the mains and then restarted often the wireless connection fails. A soft reboot fixes it.
mjtuohy
Grafter

oldjim. . I also have a Netgear Its a DG834GT. Maybe these routers dont like ADSL2. I keep my router on 24/7
              Martin
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

mine is on ADSL - interesting the wired connections don't show a problem and the router diagnostics don't see a problem
mjtuohy
Grafter

It's just so irritating, not every day but nearly every day.
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Dont think its the ADSL2+ trial, but an issue with your internal network.....  See my post here on a similar issue...
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,77392.0.html
hope it helps
mjtuohy
Grafter

Thanks penfold. We do sometimes just pull out the adapter on my son or daughters P/C and this usually works. But  sometimes re' booting the router is the only answer . I have changed the channel and D/L n' stumbler will see if anything changes.
                                            Martin
James
Grafter

Hi Martin,
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the wireless adaptor in your sons computer?
It sounds like a wireless issue rather than a problem with ADSL2+.
scootie
Grafter

yeah i would make sure you have the latest driver for your sons adapter or maybe even  roll it back a version if it turns out to be a problem with the latest version.
rebooting the router and unpluging an pluging back in the adapter has the same effect. so it defo points to your sons computer being at fault.
i had this problem last week around 3 times aday my comptuer would loss internet and the only thing that got it back was to reboot pc, unpluging the adapter  didnt work in my case any way my adapter is right above the router but using wireless scanner i just nudged it a few cm's to get the best signal and havent had a problem since
mjtuohy
Grafter

Sorry for not replying. We had a familly day at Dover castle yesterday ,absolutly great got a familly ticket for £25.
                  jameseh and asbo dog. My son upgraded his P/C last week and reformated( Because he can) so he would have reinstalled the drivers after. I have changed the Channel on the router today ( thanks penfold) so am waiting to see if this makes a differance.
                            Martin
James
Grafter

Thanks Martin.
Please keep us posted Smiley
mjtuohy
Grafter

Update.
    On looking at the wirless settings page on my router It connects by g&b( 802.11g & 802.11b wirless stations can be used). I noticed that there is  also a setting Auto 108 mbps. As it is a 108 mbps router I changed to this setting and so far for 2 days now, we have not had to reboot the router. Keeping fingers crossed. Thanks for all who helped.
            Martin