cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL2+ capped at 8?

SimonDS
Dabbler

ADSL2+ capped at 8?

My line was upgraded today from 8mb to 20mb after I requested this from Plusnet. My router is syncing at 16037 which seems okay. However download speeds are exactly the same as with the 8mb service and my account still shows i'm an EXTRA customers witrh a 7.5mb estimated line speed.
Do plusnet have to upgrade my account too for me to see the extra speed?
Simon
8 REPLIES 8
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: ADSL2+ capped at 8?

Your account does not change when moving to 21CN/ADSL2+.
Plusnet have to wait for BT to inform them of the change and what IP profile (your maximum data throughput rate)  to set for the line - this is called a Delta report. This can take up to 24/48 hours after the upgrade to be sent so just be patient. If nothing has changed after 2 days contact support and get it investigated.
Your plusnet IP profile can be seen where you saw the estimated line speed.
SimonDS
Dabbler

Thanks Peter. So to be clear.....Plusnet ask BT to upgrade the line to ADSL2+ and once this is done even though I now sync at the higher rate I need to wait a day or 2 extra for Plusnet to receive a report from BT before Plusnet allow the full ADSL2+ service?
Simon
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Yes.
Although sometimes support will pre-empt this if they spot a post on here and upgrade you quicker....
SimonDS
Dabbler

Would giving them a call be worth it? Never phoned them before and don't want to be given the runaround.
Thanks again.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Give it a little longer to sort itself out... not all CS agents are able to make the change whereas the digital care team (who I meant by support) monitoring these forums do.
prichardson
Grafter

I have changed this for you based of some of the data received, though this isn't the official profile so may not work correctly just yet.
SimonDS
Dabbler

Thanks again Peter.
Nice to get a simple answer to a question without the sarcasm you sometimes get on other forums.
Shame PN don't tell you this!

Phil: Thanks for doing that. Will my profile update to it's proper setting still later on? I assume the 10 days training period has something to do with this? I can give you my attenuation and noise figures etc if that helps.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

During the training period RAMBO/DLM might try different settings to get the best from your line. Changes will cause re-syncs, so if those occur they are nothing to worry about. Your BT IP Profile will change as required with delta reports sent to Plusnet  for updating Current line speed (an automated process).
David