cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL2+ at my exchange?

alegeek
Grafter

ADSL2+ at my exchange?

Would it be possible for you to confirm if ADSL2+ is now available at my exchange? Samknow's say's that it's due by the end of this month but I've used http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ this morning and for the first time it's now saying this is available.
If it's available to me, can I be switched to this? and my upload cap removed?
8 REPLIES 8
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: ADSL2+ at my exchange?

Hi there,
That's been ordered for you including the uncapped upstream, it's due to complete on the 28th June Smiley
alegeek
Grafter

Awesome, thank you Smiley
Zap
Grafter

be careful what you wish for, ADSL2 has been nothing but trouble, I am now grateful for my old mostly reliable connnection
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

In this case the line profile is at 6500 so there should be a bit of an increase here. It mostly depends on what speed you have on ADSL1 as to how well ADSL2+ will perform (though of course there are other factors).
Zap
Grafter

Further to my post above, I should add that since my last post Plusnet have very kindly provided me with one of their routers which has maintained a stable connection at 14.8mb albeit that my profile is still 5mb due to all the problems I have had.  This will raise in due course.
It may be that there was a config that would have worked with my router, but I am so grateful to just be able to use the line I just don't care.
The Plusnet router is not brilliant at Wireless connection and does not seem to have an aerial or port, I had a separate wireless anyway so not a huge issue but I imagine it would be if I could only have one (on a  PC downstairs I get 1 bar on the PN wireless network and 5 on my own wireless).
As they ship hundreds of these and the forums are not full of complaints  I assume that the wireless connection is better with more modern wireless adapters although I had the same signal strength on my kids laptop which has an inbuilt wireless N.
You can boost the wireless by getting under the hood with a telnet session but it then collides with the neighbourhoods other wireless networks, collisions mean slower connection overall.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Zap,
Quote from: Zap
Further to my post above, I should add that since my last post Plusnet have very kindly provided me with one of their routers which has maintained a stable connection at 14.8mb albeit that my profile is still 5mb due to all the problems I have had.  This will raise in due course.

I have raised your profile to 13000 to allow for your new BT IP profile. This should take effect shortly.
Jojo Smiley
Zap
Grafter

Thanks JoJo
You are such a useful person to know!
I did not even have to reboot the router and it is flying!

Thanks a LOT!
Zap
Grafter

Further to my previous post just wanted to update
After sorting this Plusnet have over delivered by tweaking my line to get the best performance

Thanks a lot Spencer & Jo