cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL2? Upgrade Router?

Ephemeral
Dabbler

ADSL2? Upgrade Router?

I've been with PN for many years now, but I've never really paid attention to things unless they have broken. I suppose I have been lucky in that, for me at least, PN never seems to break for me...
...Except recently I've been having connection problems. This made me look at my router's status page and I found something odd. Under a title of "Mode" is said it was ADSL2, my router is an old Draytek Vigor 2600. I was confused, as far as I know I'm on ADSL. I searched around a little and I *think* everyone got upgraded to ADSL2, though I'm happy to be corrected on this.
If this is the case then do I need to get a new router? My current one is about 6 years old. On the whole things are working as normal for my needs. I don't need super fast bandwidth, but as an MMO gamer, I absolutely need a stable connection. I was wondering if a modern router would work better and offer a more stable connection, assuming I am on ADSL2.
Many thanks.
1 REPLY 1
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: ADSL2? Upgrade Router?

Hi Ephemeral,
Yes, you are on ADSL2+ so it would probably be worth upgrading your router if you are seeing issues. We can send you one if you don't wish to purchase your own.
Jojo Smiley