Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL2+ Rejected by BT

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

ADSL2+ Rejected by BT

I had checked BT Wholesale ADSL Checker online and BT stated that I can get ADSL2+ now at the estimated speed of 8.0Mb to 14.0Mb. Called plusnet today to put me upgrade to ADSL2+ from ADSL and few minute later BT rejected my order ? Why ?
I want to go onto BT ADSL2+ because I been on ADSL up to 8Mbps far too long now.
26 REPLIES 26
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: ADSL2+ Rejected by BT

HI goldenadsl,
I'll have a look now and see if I can find out why.
Jojo Smiley
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Many thanks jo for chase BT up
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi goldenadsl,
I've placed the order manually. It takes 7 days to complete and I've emailed you confirmation.
Jojo Smiley
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Many thanks jo! Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've just had a word with the agent and he tells me he placed an order on your mum's account too. I see that has rejected too, so I'll also place that manually. Smiley
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

You're a star, thanks jo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ok, that's all done now and confirmation email sent. Smiley
matt_2k34
Grafter

@Jo
Is there a particular reason why the automated order failed though? (Problem with BTs system if its a recently upgraded exchange?)
few minute later

Would it be worth agents, who set automated orders through have them checked at the end of their shift, for example? (just to ensure none have failed & to put them through manually) - seems doing it manually is adding an un-needed delay and issue
Regards
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Matt_2k34,
I think it was a rookie agent error possibly. There are many other reasons why orders get rejected though, and I'm not sure if it would be viable for us to wait and see if every order we place gets rejected. Most orders go through fine, and the manual ordering process is quite long winded and time consuming. I think the way it works now is the best. If an order is rejected a ticket drops onto the account and an agent can work that ticket.
Jojo Smiley
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

hi jo, my mother say many thanks for place an order to upgrade to ADSL2+, and also my line too. I got a question to ask, how come the order have to wait for 7 days to upgrade from ADSL (20CN) to ADSL2+ (21CN) as I thought it was done within 24 hours ? Does the line will become retraining again for the 1st ten days after ADSL2+ (21CN) had completed the order ?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi goldenadsl,
It always takes 7 days for this kind of order, because it's being moved from a different technology. I suspect the confusion about 24 hours came from moving from ADSL1 to ADSL2+ on 21CN which takes 24 hours, but moving from 20CN to 21CN takes 7 days. As far a retraining goes, it is very similar, although they sometimes use something called modified FTR, where they carry across the FTR (Fault Threshold Rate) and MSR (Maximum Stable Rate).
Jojo Smiley
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Hi Jo
Ah, fair enough with more clearly explaining. Many thanks jo. Hope BT will do FTTC next stage at my exchange next year who know (?)
Best Regards
Goldenadsl
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Got another question to ask, my ADSL had been rock solid for 5 months with Fast Path and when BT put me to ADSL2+ from ADSL does this mean BT will put my line back on interleaving on or will remain staying at Fast Path ?
matt_2k34
Grafter

BT will put my line back on interleaving on or will remain staying at Fast Path ?

Should remain the same, interleaving will only be applied if the line becomes unstable (for whatever reason)
Regards