cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL2 Now available, how long before changover ?

maximod
Grafter

ADSL2 Now available, how long before changover ?

Hi,
Bt checker now shows my exchange is complete for 21cn, and adsl2 is available on my line.
How long does the it take before my line changes over to 21cn adsl2 ?
Thanks,
Paul.
6 REPLIES 6
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: ADSL2 Now available, how long before changover ?

Hi there,
We can place the order for you, and it'll take around a week or so to complete. Just as a heads up though it's very unlikely you'll see much of a speed increase given the length and quality of your line.
If you confirm you'd like to go ahead with the order please let us know and we'll get it placed for you.
maximod
Grafter

Hi Matt,
Yes could you please go ahead with the order.
The main reason for upgrading is to get the benefit of 21cn ip profile, and if the worst comes to the worst i can still go on adsl1 on 21cn.
Thanks,
Paul.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi Paul,
Thanks for getting back in touch. Matt is away from the office until tomorrow. In his absence I've gone ahead and placed that order for you. Smiley
maximod
Grafter

Hi Chris,
Thanks for placing the order, will keep an eye on the router statistics over the next week or so.
In your experience does uncapping the upload on a line like mine cause reduced download speed ?
Paul.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi Paul,
Uncapping the upstream shouldn't do on Annex-A which is what all of our Residential Customers are set to. Using Annex-M can be a little different. As you've a long line, I'm not sure you would get much out of uncapping your upstream . If you'd like it uncapping once your ADSL2+ has kicked in, we can arrange it for you as it only takes 1 working day to arrange for you.
maximod
Grafter

Hi Chris,
Thats good to know.
I was just finding info if uncapping the upload would (or could) reduce download snr.
Best thing i can do is let the adsl2 kick in and stabilize, and then see what the stats show.
Paul.