Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL2+ No change

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: ADSL2+ No change

No, you misunderstand.  If your upload sync rate is less than 448 kbps it is NOT necessarily true that it has not been uncapped.  A fault on your line is preventing it from going any faster.  
And just try calling BT's broadband support if you think things cannot get any worse.  I deal with them regularly on behalf of clients and most of the time you get someone outside the UK reading from a script.  
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@MikeG88
Just to agree that you won't get any better from BT Retail. If you enjoy chatting to Asian call centres where you can't understand half of what they say, carry on.
If there is a fault on your line then whoever your ISP, they are still at the mercy of Openreach who can't legally given preferential treatment to any provider. Also if you are not with an LLU provider (and many of them are no better) then the ISP's all have to deal with BT Wholesale and again no ISP including BT Retail is allowed to have preferential treatment!
The first thing to always check is the stats from your modem/router as in reply #2 also the Diagnostic results from the BT Speedtest as in reply #4. In the stats if the Up Speed is still 443928 then for some reason the uncap hasn't taken effect,  however I am bothered the upload throughput speed from one test was 0.23 and you last reported 0.25 which is still low even for 448kbps up sync speed.
Have your speed test results been carried out over a wireless connection or an ethernet connection?
If wireless then you need to do the tests via an ethernet connection. If these results are then ok you probably don't have a strong enough wireless signal or are using a congested wireless channel.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I've checked up on your modify order to place your upload speed to uncapped, your profile is showing as it should be uncapped but that was placed is actually going to complete tomorrow.
Not to sure why there is the difference, but if you check your upload again tomorrow hopefully there will be a difference.
Let me know how you get on.
MikeG88
Dabbler

Thanks for all your replies everyone.
@chrispurvey, so I was right, it hasnt been uncapped yet. So lets hope it changes after a second round of asking. Thank you for checking it for me, i'll watch the speeds and give it one last try.
Many thanks
Anotherone
Champion

You haven't said whether you speedtester checks were wired or wireless, which may have a bearing on part of the problem.
MikeG88
Dabbler

Apologies, I missed that question; wired.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I've checked the modify order and it has completed.
Have you noticed any change?
MikeG88
Dabbler

@Chris
Download showing at 16.8 Mbps, Upload at 0.615 Mbps - taht's much,much better. Thank you.  Smiley I'm hoping it'll stay like that.
Regards,
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: MikeG88
Upload at 0.615 Mbps - that's much,much better. Thank you.

But still quite poor relative to what one might reasonably expect on a decent line.
Anotherone
Champion

Depends on what the sync speeds are. A full set of DSL stats from the modem/router would help to assess what's happened. The DS speed was better in an earlier post according to the results of a Diagnostic BT speedtest.