cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL2+ Filters

Pixelz
Dabbler

ADSL2+ Filters

Given the higher frequencies used on ADSL2+ compared to ADSL2, can I assume my existing ADSL filter is compatible? 
My reason for asking is that since I was upgraded yesterday, although my router shows all green lights, I've not been able to achieve an LCP connection.
Sad
10 REPLIES 10
James
Grafter

Re: ADSL2+ Filters

Yep - An ADSL filter will work for ADSL and ADSL2+.
Can you try plugging your router directly into your test socket via a filter?
Pixelz
Dabbler

I've tried a direct connection to the test socket, and also a spare filter, but no joy.
My router is supposed to support ADSL2+, so I'm assuming my order was not fully provisioned by BT.
I've raised a ticket, and I'll track progress thay way.
Moderator's note by David (spraxyt): Full quote of previous post removed - Forum Rules.
James
Grafter

Thanks Pixelz.
Let me know if you need any further help.
Pixelz
Dabbler

Hi James,
I've checked with Customer Services this afternoon, and it seems my call (29391237) isn't at the top of the stack yet.
If you can find time today to progress it or chase BT as required to avoid another day offline, I'd be very grateful.
Thanks in advance ...
James
Grafter

Hiya,
I've asked CSC to try and get your fault picked up as soon as they can.
Pixelz
Dabbler

It was picked up yesterday afternoon, right after your request, and it's been passed to BT for investigation.
Do you have an idea how long BT would take to action this?
I'm concerned that I may be left without any service until next week (and I got rid of my dial-up modem ages ago).
James
Grafter

Morning,
We'd normally expect a reply from BT within about 24 hours (their SLA is 40 hours).
Let me know if you haven't heard anything come late afternoon and I'll get someone to chase.
Pixelz
Dabbler

I had an update this morning saying CSC have checked the progress of your fault with the supplier. At the moment this is still being investigated by their diagnostics team.
As I've been without service since Wednesday and I don't have a dialup modem at home, I'm concerned that BT may have no 21CN engineers on duty at my exchange this weekend, I don't want to be left waiting until sometime next week for any real progress.
If you're able to escalate this with BT this afternoon, it would be very helpful. Smiley
Pixelz
Dabbler

Finally got an ADSL2+ connection on Sunday afternoon (right after I got fed up and installed a dialup modem!).
Appears fine so far, with downstream sync at 13.2Mbps and upstream at over 800Kbps, which is around 1.7x faster than before the trial.
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Quote from: Jameseh
Yep - An ADSL filter will work for ADSL and ADSL2+.

Looks like your problem is solved now, but just to add to the above for info: the reason is that an ADSL filter is a 'low pass' device to prevent ADSL signals, however high in frequency, reaching phones, fax machines etc - it's a straight-through metallic path between the line and the router.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)