Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL wireless router

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: ADSL wireless router

@chandu
Don't forget that you will also find the detailed information for setting up HH's for both FTTC and ADSL in this thread mentioned in replies #1 & #5 as well as some useful comment there.
MatrixRob
Grafter

@Chandu
1. Can I set it up off line with my lap top as I was able to do with Netgear DGND3300 dual band? YES
2. Do I need to key in Bt supplied password to access the configuration page? YES the one on the card at the back of the unit.
3. Is it possible to set up MY SSID and Pass Key for wireless (so I do not need to reconfigure password my other wi-fi devices) ? YES
Just a quick note on setting up, as long as you have an account that ends in @plusdsl.net, otherwise the unit can only be used as an access point in conjuction with your current router/ modem.
Benefits noted by myself is Gigabit networking and also extended/ quicker wireless connectivity.
Just need to look for a 802.11ac usb adapter for my laptop now to isolate myself from the crowded neighbourhood 2.4GHz band  Wink
No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.
Albert Einstein
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Anotherone
@chandu
Don't forget that you will also find the detailed information for setting up HH's for both FTTC and ADSL in this thread mentioned in replies #1 & #5 as well as some useful comment there.

Thanks, Anotherone.  It's appreciated.
chandu.
chandu
Rising Star

@  MatrixRob
Thanks, that is re-assuring.  Yes, I do have a @plusdsl.net account.
Much appreciated.
Chandu.
chandu
Rising Star

Quote from: MatrixRob
@Chandu
Benefits noted by myself is Gigabit networking and also extended/ quicker wireless connectivity.

Not clear what it means in real terms.  Please elaborate on this, please.
Chandu.
MatrixRob
Grafter

Quicker wired network and more reliable wireless connectivity than my age old TG582n from circa 2011.
I'm a bit confused as to why you have opted for a BT HH5 when you already had a Netgear DGND3300, have you had problems with it?
Albert Einstein
chandu
Rising Star

Quote from: MatrixRob

I'm a bit confused as to why you have opted for a BT HH5 when you already had a Netgear DGND3300, have you had problems with it?

I believe, it has some issues.  Lately kept dropping PPPoA very frequently and hence speed suffered under DLM.
Currently, I have plugged-in my 8-yr old NetgearDG834GT, but find the wireless signal is weaker.  The reason I need the stronger faster wireless signal is that my master socket is in the entrance hall (where my router resides) and I do not have much space there.
Hope above clarifies my situation.  Thanks for your help.
Chandu.
chandu
Rising Star

Hi Guys,
Just a quickie on BT HH5.  Does anyone know the differences between HH5A and HH5B?  I tried to Google for it but did not get anywhere.  So, will appreciate your help.
Thanks in advance.
Chandu.
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

The Kitz site has this:

The HomeHub 5 is an all in one VDSL modem/router supplied to new BT Infinity customers.  It can be distinguished by its blue stripe from the HomeHub 4.  A little know fact is there are two versions of the HomeHub 5.  They look identical but can be identified by the firmware it uses.
•HomeHub 5A - This contains a Lantiq VRX-268 chipset and is currently NOT fully G.INP compatible.
(Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204)
•HomeHub 5B - This is manufactured by Arcadyan and contains a BCM 63168 chipset and is G.INP compatible.
(Software version V0.07.01.0235-BT)

MatrixRob
Grafter

It seems I have the 5B version  Cheesy
Albert Einstein
Anotherone
Champion

That is definitely not the latest firmware for the type B which is v0.07.03.0814-BT (Type B).
So whether what's been quoted for the type A is correct or not, maybe someone could check.
MatrixRob
Grafter

BT Home Hub 5 (Type B) | Software version v0.07.03.0814-BT  | Last updated [xxxxxxxx]
Albert Einstein
Anotherone
Champion

Just for the record, someone else says the BT type A firmware is Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 | Last updated 25/06/15.
The Plusnet Hub One (based on the type A but at least with a new skin) is Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.217 Last updated Unknown.
chandu
Rising Star

HELP!!!!!
I have followed the procedure on this thread regarding using HH5 for Plusnet; but failed miserably.  I have recently purchased New HH5A from eBay.
I am unable to connect to plus net and Advance Settings, Broadband, Internet gives the following:
Connection Time: Disconnected,
My username and Password,
TCP/IP settings are:
Broadband Network IP address: Not applicable,
Default Gateway: Not Applicable,
Primary DNS: Not Applicable,
Secondary DNS: Not Applicable.
1) Where do I enter the above TCP/IP Info.?  I have perused through various tabs Under Settings & Advanced Settings, but no joy.
2) For ADSL, Plusnet has Network Type: PPPoA and wants the Encapsulation for Modems to be set for PPPoA.  So, how do I set this for Plusnet ADSL2 use? Or does it automatically detect this & set it up?
I will appreciate help from all quarters.  The Plusnet support personnel conversant with HH5A may be able to throw some light in getting me going.
Thanks in advance, Guys.
Chandu.
Anotherone
Champion

The TCP/IP settings and PPPoA are all automatic settings that will be correct when your are actually connected.
What information did you get when you looked at >Advanced Settings >Broadband >Connection  -  was it showing Line State Connected, and Downstream and Upstream speeds?
If when you looked at >Advanced Settings >Broadband >Internet was it showing your Broadband username correctly? And hopefully it wasn't showing the password as not configured. The Broadband username should be the full   myusername@plusdsl.net   and the password is case sensitive.