Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL super slow, 2704n showing EdgeOS, Phone line has no dial-tone

FIXED
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: ADSL super slow, 2704n showing EdgeOS, Phone line has no dial-tone

Not sure why you are being asked to wait for the 10 days, as per the Openreach engineer a line reset should get your speeds back much sooner. Hopefully one of the helpful forum staff will see your post and get the line reset, or explain why you are having to wait.

@MasterOfReality @Gandalf anyone out there?

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

@lorraine3, glad you have the problem identified, and on the way to a fix. It is nice to have an explanation fro your very unusual symtoms - well done @Baldrick1 for the powerline adapter suggestion.

Plusnet staff should make a note of this one as it could happen again, and it would be quite impressive to diagnose the problem quickly. 

lorraine3
Hooked

Mustrum, Corringham - Thanks Both

Yes, hopefully it wont take 10 days. The Max Data rate is already showing 13.1 Mbps

Agree re: Powerline. I was getting very confused with what was going on.

I'm in an apartment block, so I guess thats the reason why I was seeing a different network when my router and internet connection wasnt working. I think when I was restarting the 2704n that was when the other network would pick up and give me an IP address that was different. I'm sure in houses there is probably not this risk of powerline / homeplug adapters seeing other networks.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Fix

Hi @lorraine3,

I'm sorry that you were told that you would need to wait for 10 days for your speed to return to normal. I can see that you have now discussed this with our faults team and they have arranged to reset your line which should bring your speeds back to normal within 24 hours. Please let us know if your speed is still poor after today.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team