Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL & Phone order

Styxexa
Dabbler

ADSL & Phone order

Hi
I have just moved and registered to have the above installed at our new address.
I don't know who the previous provider was but as the people that did live there are living in the same town I assume they will want to keep their same number.
Any way today I get this text message from pn
"Plusnet: We cannot progress with your order as the working line at your address is scheduled to be stopped on 10/09/15. You can contact the current provider tostop this cease so we can progress with the order, or we can wait for the cease to complete and then restart the line"
So I  guess the previous owner is taking their line with them but my question is, I am happy to wait for their line to be disconnected so do I have to do anything. Or when it is disconnected will PN automatically start connecting afterwards.
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: ADSL & Phone order

We should just place the orders after the 10th once the cease completes. If you reply to the ticket at contactus.plus.net just letting us know you're happy for this then that's fine.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi,
A warm welcome to the forums and PlusNET.
The cease on the line does not particularly mean that they are taking their number with them. It simply means that their provider has directed BTw / BTOR to cease service on that line on a given date.
BTw / BTOR do not permit / are not capable of having more than one order - including repairs and ceases - on a line at the same time, even to indicate that something is required after the current order completes.  Your case illustrates well why when migrating suppliers, one should never give the loosing supplier an end date, because if they raise a cease on the line, the new provider cannot place orders until after the cease has completed.
If BTOR get their ducks in a row, you might be lucky and a SIM2 order might get you a oho me service and xDSL on the same day.  If that fails, then the xDSL will be circa 5 days later.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Styxexa
Dabbler

Hi all many thanks for your replies.
I used to be a ADSL PN customer since upto about 2009, moved into my old address with my now wife. And disconnected as it worked out cheaper to combine TV/Telephone/Fibre Broadband in one package with Virgin
We have now since moved into a non fibre and non Virgin area so I have come back to the fold...Although I am dropping down to our max speed of 17mb from 150mb we got on Virgin ....eeeek!!!! Lol!
Although when I 1st joined PN circa 2004/5 I was on a newly released 2mb package and I thought that was amazing "light speed" lol