Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Sync drop out

FIXED
X270
Hooked

ADSL Sync drop out

Since this morning my router has suddenly started intermittently, randomly struggling to sync with the exchange. Nothing has changed on our side, the router, it's firmware and cables, haven't been touched. There's no pattern to when connection is lost, or for how long. I spoke with someone via webchat at plusnet support this morning and as far as they could tell there were no external issues. The router's always been plugged into the test port, as otherwise the ADSL filter sticks out of the wall too far for the furniture. The WiFi network is fine, but for some reason, since this morning, the ADSL Sync keeps falling down... When it comes back there's no loss in upload/download speeds etc etc. Any help greatly appreciated!
8 REPLIES 8
X270
Hooked

Re: ADSL Sync drop out

33DACE4A-2807-49C4-9EE2-568C3A57D2A2.jpeg

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hi @X270,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with your connection. I have a checked your connection and there definitely seems to be something out of place somewhere as we can see more drops in connection than we would like. Although our tests aren't picking up exactly what's causing the issue so we will have to do some troubleshooting to start ruling things out.

I'd recommend starting with basic checks here and if that doesn't help the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the drops stop. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here

If the problem still persists from here, please report the issue here and let us know when you've completed it.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
X270
Hooked

Hi Sammy many thanks for your reply. As mentioned my filter’s always been plugged into the test socket otherwise it sticks out too far. Though last night I tried plugging a landline into the filter and since then we’ve not noticed the sync drop, could be pure coincidence or possibly a faulty filter? We’re quite far from the exchange here and we’ve often had issues with connectivity
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fix

It is possible that that is the case @X270. Can you try an alternative filter and if the issue reoccurs or persists raise a fault here, so that we can investigate further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
X270
Hooked

Cheers Sammy, I’ve swapped to an old filter and will see how it behaves over the next day or two.

Many thanks

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem @X270, let us know how it goes. 👻

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
X270
Hooked

Hi @SammyM, I’ve switched to a filter from a previous ISP and the connection has been better since 👍

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks fantastic news @X270, please get back to us if you have any further queries.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team