cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Max - Pro add on or Max Premium trial?

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: ADSL Max - Pro add on or Max Premium trial?

Hmm, not sure if it's already been tried (sorry if it has) but we could always run an SNR reset on the line and see if that updates things?
TimStephenson
Grafter

Happy to give it a go - anything to help!
Wouldn't have thought Snr would be affecting it though.. Wouldn't we be seeing a lower sync rate or something similar?
It's as if there's a limit on the line somewhere upstream of our physical connection - all looks great in terms of sync & line speeds, yet upstream seems capped somehow.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The SNR reset actually resets everything on the line to back as if it was newly installed, and allows it to retrain. I suspect you're right and there's an incorrect profile on the upstream across some of the exchange kit, the SNR reset *should* sort that out - here's hoping. I'll put it through for you now.
EDIT: Sorry, I can't do that as the order to put you back on to Max Premium is now going through... I'll do it once that's completed.
TimStephenson
Grafter

Thanks Matt Smiley
TimStephenson
Grafter

Hi Matt, Chris & Adam - any idea if the order to re-add Max Premium has been completed yet; and whether an order has been placed to reset our SNR ?
Our line has been performing badly throughout the weekend; slow downloads speed with upload measurable at around 80-90Kbs during a good moment and high latencies.
Router restarts / reconnects haven't helped so can only assume it's something at the Exchange or Plusnet ends.
Very keen to get this sorted as so far our connection has taken a distinct nose-dive towards the ground since being ported over... Not exactly inspiring much confidence right now although I do of course appreciate things are happening, albeit slowly.
Any update would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks both
Tim
TimStephenson
Grafter

Is there any update for this issue & support cases please?
I'm keen to get it resolved as quickly as possible as the line's not been good since our connection migrated to Plus Net on 09/12/13.
Downstream speeds vary wildly currently from 1.2Mbs to 6.7Mbs and upstream is at best 120-200Kbs. Prior to migrating our connection performed consistently, delivering a steady 6.6-6.7Mbs / 720Kbs on the same line with the same router - and had done for the previous 2-3 years... 
All in all, a long way away from the fast & reliable service you guys are supposed to be offering
It's pretty clear that removing & adding Max Premium has had little to no positive effect, so what's next? SNR reset? If so can this happen today?
Tim