Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL House Move

sophos9
Grafter

ADSL House Move

Hi,
Can someone help explaining the SLA's behind a house move please...

• I've just moved properties, the previous occupier of the property had broadband with BT, they cancelled effective from 23rd Oct

• On the 23rd I requested PN to move the service to the new address - PN confirmed completion date of the 30th Oct

• We transferred over our phone effective from 25th Oct and told BT about moving broadband, they then gave us a code to get it moved

• I've now just been informed that PN will place the order on the 29th and it will complete a further 7-10 days after that

Can someone explain please? Totally bummed that I will lose my connection for 13 odd days,  BT said it should have been done within the 5days?Huh
Thanks
17 REPLIES 17
James
Grafter

Re: ADSL House Move

Hiya,
It sounds to me like BT placed the cancellation order on the 23rd, not that the order would have been cancelled on the 23rd.
Based on that, it would take 5 working days for the cancellation to complete, after which there would be an additional 5 working days for the provide.  I'm pretty certain that the information that you now have is correct, and I can only say how sorry I am if you feel that you were misled in any way.
sophos9
Grafter

Hi James, been a long time! Thanks for the reply....
When we spoke to BT, they said they have cancelled from the 23rd - the router in the new place also had no ADSL connection from midday on the 23rd.
BT provided a code on the 23rd which they said would need to be provided to PN to get broadband over
Can you let me know what the code was for?
James
Grafter

Hiya chum, it has been awhile Smiley
I strongly suspect that BT mean that they place a cancellation order on the 23rd.
The reference that BT will have given you is a fast peter code (more commonly known as a simultaneous provide reference).  We can use that to place a simultaneous phone and broadband order.  However, we need at least 8 working days notice in order to use such a code.
sophos9
Grafter

You're still on the button as usual mate, thats why I transferred PN instead of signing up with BT (they were trying to poach on the phone!)
Is the code only for phone and broadband or can it be used for broadband only - I provided the code on 23rd?
sophos9
Grafter

On a side note, in the new place I've got the router up and running - its connected to the exchange at 8.1mbps with 12.8db SNR!!! Awesome or what!!
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: sophos9
Is the code only for phone and broadband or can it be used for broadband only - I provided the code on 23rd?

The code is used to tie the order for your PSTN (voice) to the order for your ADSL (broadband). It allows both to be activated at the same time. Unfortunately, as James has said, we were not given enough notice to allow us to do this Sad
Quote from: sophos9
On a side note, in the new place I've got the router up and running - its connected to the exchange at 8.1mbps with 12.8db SNR!!! Awesome or what!!

I'm guessing that's the ADSL service of the previous occupant. When we've gone to place an order for you, BT's systems are reporting that there's a cease order on the line which is due to complete on the 29th October:
Quote from: BT
Supplementary Message:  Note: There is currently an ADSL cease pending or in progress against this line. This cease is due to complete by the 29th October 2008.

When this order completes your kit will disconnect from the exchange. We then need to place a provide order however that's going to take approximately 7 days to complete (at which point your kit will sync again and you'll be able to connect to us).
We can refund you on request for the downtime after everything's back up and running but there's no way we can avoid it unfortunately.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Mark
Grafter

@sophos9
Can't add anything to what Bob and James have said but good to see you around these parts again. Smiley
sophos9
Grafter

Thanks for the help, BT seem to have been a bit liberal with the truth!  Roll_eyes
Will wait for it all to go through now - thanks again!
sophos9
Grafter

Guys, can you confirm that as from Wednesday, the order was ceased and the new PN order placed?
James
Grafter

Hiya,
I've just spoken to the Provisioning Team and asked for you to receive an update as soon as possible.
sophos9
Grafter

Awesome, thanks James...
sophos9
Grafter

Just got the update....
Seems that BT have ceased on the 29th however PN has only just placed the order, how come it takes an additional 2 days (and now of course thats added 2 days on the elapsed time)
Sorry for dragging this on, its just that I access the corporate network via VPN and cannot work from home until this is sorted  Cry
James
Grafter

Hiya,
Appreciate the concern and I'm sorry for the delay.
Without knowing the specifics, it is possible that the BT number checker took a couple of days to update (which is actually pretty common).  However, I have fed back to the line manager in question that I'm concerned of the delay in receiving an update.
Now that the order has been placed, there is a chance that it completes early, so keep an eye on the sync light on your router.
sophos9
Grafter

Cheers mate,
The strange thing is, I've always had sync since I moved into the property - the router has been running all the time and has had zero disconnects, I was expecting the line to drop when BT completed the cease however this is not the case?