cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL+ Filters

moemoff
Grafter

ADSL+ Filters

What is best ..an NTE5 type faceplate on master socket or a splitter/filter/dongle in the master socket?
5 REPLIES 5
mikeyriot
Grafter

Re: ADSL+ Filters

I believe the faceplates are regarded as better but I'm unsure if thats functually better or aesthetically.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 5

I have tried, experimented and measured all sorts of faceplates, filters, and cables, on my own and other peoples phone lines.
I have ALWAYS found that the ADSLNation XTE-2005 faceplate gives the best result, along with four-core round profile RJ11 modem cables.
Plusnet FTTC 80/20 IPv4/30, Hurricane Electric 6in4 IPv6/48, Pulse8 landline & calls, SamKnows 600N
Vigor 130 modem, pfSense 2.4.4-p3 router, 5 WAPs, Devolo dLAN 500, Gigaset N300A-IP VoIP DECT
198kHz
Hero
Fixes: 17

Quote from: moemoff
What is best ..an NTE5 type faceplate on master socket or a splitter/filter/dongle in the master socket?

Depends. If you've got extension sockets, used or not, the faceplate will be better, as all the extension wiring will be on the non-ADSL side of the filter.
If there are no extensions, then using a good quality dongly filter will be just as good.
In the latter case I'd go for the faceplate anyway on aesthetic grounds.
To err is human, but to really foul things up requires an algorithm.
rodtrotter
Grafter

I have a  XTE-2005 faceplate filter and it is very good I would say the best I have used
moemoff
Grafter

Thank you all!
I am going for the XTE-2005 faceplate filter because I need one extension. I did have the old BT ADSL 1.01 at one time but it was recently taken off by a BT engineer who was solving a line noise (telephone) problem.Turned out it was an external problem in their underground box. Was left with a dongle and the speed went down even after the fault was cleared. Have a SNR margin of 8 and loop att of 29. Used to be SNR of  6 and loop att of 24 before the fault developed. But it was rock steady.
Anyways.. thanks to all again.
Mo