cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL+ Filters

moemoff
Grafter

ADSL+ Filters

What is best ..an NTE5 type faceplate on master socket or a splitter/filter/dongle in the master socket?
5 REPLIES 5
mikeyriot
Grafter

Re: ADSL+ Filters

I believe the faceplates are regarded as better but I'm unsure if thats functually better or aesthetically.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried, experimented and measured all sorts of faceplates, filters, and cables, on my own and other peoples phone lines.
I have ALWAYS found that the ADSLNation XTE-2005 faceplate gives the best result, along with four-core round profile RJ11 modem cables.
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Quote from: moemoff
What is best ..an NTE5 type faceplate on master socket or a splitter/filter/dongle in the master socket?

Depends. If you've got extension sockets, used or not, the faceplate will be better, as all the extension wiring will be on the non-ADSL side of the filter.
If there are no extensions, then using a good quality dongly filter will be just as good.
In the latter case I'd go for the faceplate anyway on aesthetic grounds.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
rodtrotter
Grafter

I have a  XTE-2005 faceplate filter and it is very good I would say the best I have used
moemoff
Grafter

Thank you all!
I am going for the XTE-2005 faceplate filter because I need one extension. I did have the old BT ADSL 1.01 at one time but it was recently taken off by a BT engineer who was solving a line noise (telephone) problem.Turned out it was an external problem in their underground box. Was left with a dongle and the speed went down even after the fault was cleared. Have a SNR margin of 8 and loop att of 29. Used to be SNR of  6 and loop att of 24 before the fault developed. But it was rock steady.
Anyways.. thanks to all again.
Mo