cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL 2+

sharpyuk
Grafter

ADSL 2+

I have a question, i am currently on the RUSHDEN exchange which states the following;
BT have advised that this exchange is enabled for WBC on 21CN
I am currently getting speeds of 4500 to 5000, am i right to suggest that 21CN will allow me to have adsl 2+ ?  When i cancelled with talktalk before going to plusnet, they were trying to make me stay be saying they would be able to provide me 24Mbit. 
Is this something that can now be enabled on my line to improve my speed further? or is it the fact that talktalk us LLU?

Regards,
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: ADSL 2+

Well, you're on premium and on a 21CN enabled exchange. Give me the nod and I'll place the order for you Smiley
sharpyuk
Grafter

hi Matt,
Am i correct in saying that it will provide me with a higher speed, or at least a better line due to its boost over line length?   Is it free to upgrade? and how long will it take to switch?
I am supprised that its not installed as standard if it is seen as a better option, or is this down to the end user to decide.

Many Thanks
PN - JRSELS
Mand
Grafter

Sticking your attenuation figures in this checker will give a pretty good indication of expected ADSL2+ speeds.
The only way to be sure though is to do it. Smiley
It's free to upgrade, and takes 5-7 days.
We don't do it as standard yet as not all customers have ADSL2+ equipment, and it's a relatively new service so various processes are still being bedded in.