Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL 2+ speed not re-training

hydester
Grafter

ADSL 2+ speed not re-training

Hi
After a slight blip with my router  a long time ago my BT profile is now stuck at 3500, despite successfully staying way above this for months on end in the past.
I always understood that if your connection stayed stable & fast (which mine has for weeks now) that the BT profile would automatically increase
Despite achieving download speeds very close or even over the theoretical maximum of 3500 this has not happened
You guys at Plusnet put  my speed at 4500 so that it could not be down to you, but there is something wrong here and if it is down to BT then I think you should get on to them as I feel short-changed.
If it is a question of being on the wrong package or contract with you or something, I would like to know as I am quite happy to pay for top speeds / service
I would be grateful if you could investigate / explain
With thanks in anticipation !

Stephen
6 REPLIES 6
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: ADSL 2+ speed not re-training

Hi hydester,
At the moment you're not quite syncing at the speed needed to get a 4000 profile - you're at 4524 and the boundary is 4544 I'm afraid. It does look like you've had a banded profile applied though (between 2 and 4mb) and you are at the top end of that, so I'll see if I can get that removed for you.
hydester
Grafter

Hi Matt
Many thanks for your super-quick reply & offer of help
Best wishes
Stephen
ramidoodle
Grafter

Hi hydester,
Just tested the line. looks like it is banded  due to PSTN/Telephone fault. so removing the banded profile will be just a temporary solution. Could you get a fault raised with your telephone service provider?
Main Fault Location:  CE
Test Outcome:  FAULT - Dis In Network 

hydester
Grafter

OK thanks
Is this likely to be an external fault (as in my provider's) or is there a chance it could be internal to my house
Thanks again
Stephen
ramidoodle
Grafter

Yup it is external
Main Fault location = CE
This means that the line fault is between:
the green box AKA Primary cross connection point
And
the drop wire (telegraph pole or sub distribution point)
Hope this makes sense Smiley
hydester
Grafter

You are so kind
Many thanks
Steve