Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL +2 question/query

Moominfish
Grafter

ADSL +2 question/query

I currently get this speed on my upto 8MB service

But the website here http://www.dslchecker.bt.com told me this about 5 minutes ago,
Your exchange is planned to have ADSL2+ by 31st May 2011. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 12Mbps. Our test also indicates that your line could support an estimated ADSL 2+ Annex-M broadband upstream line speed of 750Kbps and downstream line speed of 6.5Mbps.
Please note the part I've highlighted in bold what's that all about? How can my line support upto ADSL2+ line speed of 12Mbps if it's not due to be upgraded till May next year? And if it can support it now how would I go about being put onto ADSL2+ if my line can support it as stated on that website.
I personally don't think my line can support it now even though it says it currently supports it, any thoughts anyone?
Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: ADSL +2 question/query

Hi Moominfish,
I think the wording is slightly misleading. Firstly, the exchange is not due to be enabled until May next year, but I think what they are saying is that that's what they expect the line to be capable of supporting when it is enabled. I had a customer with the same issue recently to do with fibre where it was just as confusing,
Jojo Smiley
Moominfish
Grafter

Okay thanks Joanne,
Really doesn't make sense why that ADSL checked says it currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 12Mbps, a bit of a contradiction as it does say it doesn't get upgraded till May next year so doesn't make sense how it can support it already lol.
Thanks again.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yeah, the wording is very confusing.