cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL 2+ Buyer Beware!

DrHibbert

ADSL 2+ Buyer Beware!

Anyone thinking of taking part make sure you understand the terms of the trial:-
I am embarrassed to say I had not fully realised that this allowed Plusnet to fully exempt themselves from supporting you with a broadband service. I am now 2 weeks and 2 days without a service (well OK I have dial up) - I guess this is why they call it ADSL 2+ and no resolution in sight (except the usual the engineers in the exchange are working on it) - I am not saying it is Plusnets fault, but they either don't have the experience or the support to pull this one off if it goes wrong.
So unless you are sure you need this service and you are happy to risk everything then I personally wouldn't advise anyone to move to the trial.

-------
Plusnet High Speed Broadband Trial
You may have this new service provided on your current broadband line
Except as varied in this agreement the Plusnet services that we provide you with will be in accordance with the PlusNet Terms and Conditions for Internet Services (as appropriate) which can be viewed online at:
http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/index.html
We may need to complete a line test and survey to ensure your telephone line is capable of receiving a technically suitable broadband service before we can provide you with High Speed Broadband.
The duration of the High Speed Broadband trial is at our sole discretion but is initially scheduled to run from January 2009 to June 2009.
We will support and maintain the High Speed Broadband service for the duration of the trial. We cannot guarantee the service will be fault free.
Please contact the support centre via the usual channels if you experience any issues. The support number is 0845 1400200.
As this service is still in its early trial phase, once you are on the trial there will be certain constraints as follows:
The time taken to setup the service and then the time taken for your line speed to stabilise may be longer than the standard 5 days and 10 days respectively.
Although we will do what we can to limit any disruption, the only additional Plusnet services that we explicitly support on the High Speed Broadband lines, for the purposes of the trial, are email, webspace, Broadband Phone and Home Phone.
We will not be able to provide you with the service at your new address if you move home during the trial unless that location is able to participate in the High Speed Broadband trial.
If you wish to move to another service provider during the trial, we will try and issue you with a Migration Authorisation Code (MAC). However we cannot guarantee that we can generate a MAC for you or that your new service provider will be able to accept it.
We cannot guarantee continuity of service at the end of the trial. We may have to cease the service, and then re-provide your broadband service which could lead to loss in service for up to 10 working days.
--------
5 REPLIES 5
James
Grafter

Re: ADSL 2+ Buyer Beware!

Hi there,
Firstly I'd like to say that I'm sorry for the problems that you have been having and that I can assure you that our faults team are working with BT to try and resolve your problems.  I had a word with one of the team leaders about your accountyesterday and reviewed the actions which have taken place so far and I'm satisfied that our faults team are doing their best to get your fault fixed.
We have a large number (several hundreds) of customers on the ADSL2+ trial and as you'll see from these forums, the vast majority complete without a hitch.  Of course, sometimes problems do happen, just like they do with some new broadband activations and sometimes problems develop within the life of a broadband service.  Unfortunately, we can't help this from happening.  It's the very nature of chucking a digital service down a copper line.  Our responsibility to you is th riase the fault with BT Wholesale after seeing that the problem is not with your hardware or internal wiring, which we have duly done and I can see that you've had a BT Engineer round.  We'll keep on escalating this within BT Wholesale until your problems are resolved.
Also, if you wish, I can arrange for your service to be moved back to IPStream Max, which you were on previously.
Again, please accept my apologies for the disruption to your service.
nibor
Grafter

MMMM
Well ive been with plusnet for quite a  while and never had any problems,  now on the 21cn trial , came home today and this is the first time my DSL connection is dead !! and as its the BH weekend I guess nothing will get done till after then, having to use my 3g dongle atm. 
Undecided
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The fact it is BH weekend needn't stop you raising a "no connection" fault at http://faults.plus.net or ringing the Broadband Faults Hotline (0845 140 0080).
David
nibor
Grafter

Well woke up this morning and my dsl connection is back up, nothing on my support page as to an explanation, which I would like, like I said this is the first time in 5 years + since I have ever lost my connection, is it just a coincicence that I am on the 21cn trial ?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

It is possible that loss of connection was due to a general fault at the exchange which BT have fixed. Plusnet wouldn't necessarily be aware of that.
BT usually record such problems on a service outage report. The UserTools exchange checker will show you the latest report Plusnet have for your exchange.
David