Did you mean: 

A gander at my connection, please.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: A gander at my connection, please.

Hi @Luzern,

Amongst the mess of these graphs there is some evidence of something having a repeated "duty cycle" of around 25 minutes, as show by the repeated periods of a worsening of the background SNRM.

Are you rural?

Do you have a SamKnows white box?

Did you hunt for RFI check fridges / freezers / central heating pump / controls (does it run over night?) or anything else which has run / quiescent times?

Do you have CCTV?

@Gandalf,

This line looks like it has a general susceptibility to RFI - what does the CLT look like please, particularly the a/c balance?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

can't answer fully now, but there was a glitch that resulted in an up margin reading of 65531, and the other monitoring app has

07 Mar 2018 01:56:27	DSL connection restored. SNRMup = 4.7 dB, SNRMdown = 7.3 d

I stopped and restarted graphs, but presumably from the glitch the up SNRM scaling is rubbish. How do I make it more suitable, please?

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Luzern
Hero

@Townman

I am at the north-east edge of town, population ~14000, by the boundary with the New Forest National park. See satellite map.

I do not have SamKnows white box.

I do not have CCTV.

CH was mentioned in a recent reply, and ,as is customary, turned off overnight from ~10 p.m. to 6.30 a.m.

I also commented on fridge freezer earlier. Washer dryer is only used daytime, In view of your saying  about duty cycle and what is working overnight I'll try see again if fridge and freezer are playing up.

I wait on your further advice based on this and other recent posts I submitted. Smiley

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

How do I make it more suitable, please?

Just go to settings and reset the graph axis limits - manual - max 12dB

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

The upstream is not currently banded, therefore its performance should be much the same when the downstream is unbanded, and so I don't think it should really be a reason for not removing the downstream banding. Is there any actual problem besides the appearance of the graph and the SNRM going down and up? Of course you can spend as much time as you like investigating things, but if it's not actually causing any problem, you might not really need to.

Luzern
Hero

@Townman wrote:

How do I make it more suitable, please?

Just go to settings and reset the graph axis limits - manual - max 12dB

@TownmanThank you.:) but I think I'm losing it, as I still can't see that. Can you send highlit pic of page, please?Embarrassed

Luzern
Hero

@ejs wrote:

The upstream is not currently banded, therefore its performance should be much the same when the downstream is unbanded, and so I don't think it should really be a reason for not removing the downstream banding. Is there any actual problem besides the appearance of the graph and the SNRM going down and up? Of course you can spend as much time as you like investigating things, but if it's not actually causing any problem, you might not really need to.

@ejs I take your point, but as was said in post #43 by @Townman "There's a moderate amount of noise on the US". The latest US madness, will it not in some way eventually affect me in some way, even if left aside for now?

ejs
Aspiring Hero

If there's no noise affecting the downstream, which might become clearer if the banding got removed, then the problem might not be noise at all. There may be something not quite right about the line itself, but if it's not causing any actual problem now, you may well have great difficulty trying to get it fixed before it becomes a problem, because the problem will be at the level where it's not considered a fault, and probably also much harder to detect. Why not just wait until it does become a problem? Nothing lasts forever, sooner or later everyone's line will get worse and eventually fail in some way.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Try this...

Settings > Graphs > Y-axis limits & colours > Rx Noise

Capture RS Options.JPG

Luzern
Hero

Thank you!

Luzern
Hero

Have I exhausted everything now, that would permit the removal of downstream banding, given the days since fitting of SSFP, following which connection has been pretty constant? How much longer do I have to wait?

@Gandalf May I hear from you, or a colleague, please?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Your ILQ (Indicative Line Quality) is currently green which means the banding should hopefully be removed

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Luzern
Hero

Thanks @MatthewWheeler

How long a wait is likely without encouragement?

ejs
Aspiring Hero

If you have to keep asking, the answer is "too long".

Luzern
Hero

@ejs Ha Ha! Cheesy I'll be a little patient still, before having no more patience with PN.