cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few questions regarding ping times

Steek
Grafter

A few questions regarding ping times

Hey guys. When I first had the service my interleaving was off with ping times of 35-40ms, then there were a few errors on my line so plusnet put it on so my ping shot upto 65-70ms.. 
Firstly am I benefiting from the pro add-on at all? I only use the net for the playstation but my sister uses the laptop at the same time.
If I upgrade to FTTC would my ping stay at 65-70ms or would it be lower?
Also I have done pretty much everything plusnet have told me to do to try and fix the latency issue... I don't understand why it is so high when im only 1.2km from the exchange and I was 4km from it in my old house with lower pings.
Any help would be appreciated, and also would like my interleaving turned back off. Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: A few questions regarding ping times

Hi there,
I've just checked your account. I can see from ticket 53775431 that your connection has been quite intermittent of late but has become more stable since interleaving was applied.
If you like we can remove this but as you may understand there's a risk that it may start to cause the connection to drop again.
If it does then give me a shout on here and I can make sure we look at any other possible avenues (i.e rather than interleaving) that we can try.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Steek
Grafter

I would appreciate it if you turned it off again, thank you.
jim:quote
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Done, the order is due to complete tomorrow.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Steek
Grafter

Thanks Adam, you said "If it does then give me a shout on here and I can make sure we look at any other possible avenues (i.e rather than interleaving) that we can try." Can you tell me what else there is to do? Thanks again.