cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Few Questions

redbull2k14
Grafter

A Few Questions

Looking at an old ticket i stumbled across this, WP Product: WBC FTTC Annex A 20Mbit/s Up, 80Mbit/s Down, Standard Stability, Enhanced Care.  I am aware that there are other different DLM Profiles, I am on Standard Stability. What are the other profiles? and  what is enhanced care?
19 REPLIES 19
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: A Few Questions

It looks like the product that we have set on our internal systems are set incorrectly, as you don't have Enhanced Care.
I've just made adjustments to sort that out for you. This profile should mirror those we set with our supplier.
Enhance Care is something that we offer to our Business Customers, further information can be found here: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/enhanced_care.shtml
redbull2k14
Grafter

That clears up what enhanced care is about. Can you confirm what product I should be on.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yep.
You should be on: WBC FTTC Annex A 20Mbit/s Up, 80Mbit/s Down, Standard Stability which I've switched you on to, it doesn't have any impact on the service you receive, it's just how it's set on our systems.
redbull2k14
Grafter

Ive read that Openreach have threee DLM profiles and standard stability being one of them. what are the other two profiles? are they available for the end user to choose?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The 3 profiles are 'Standard', 'Stable' and 'Super Stable'.
They are chosen by your ISP (Plusnet).
redbull2k14
Grafter

thanks. Can you explain how each profile differs from the other. Im trying to figure out which of these profiles will best suit me.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Each policy has it's own set thresholds on DLM.
So for Standard, it's set to be a little more lenient on errors/drops on the line.
Stable, is a little bit in between but will take action sooner than the Standard profile would if the connection was dropping.
Super Stable is for those lines that really do suffer and DLM is very strict/harsh on this profile.
redbull2k14
Grafter

Thanks. I wanted to know because since i had a power cut some several weeks ago, it seems that DLM has been very strict with my connection. Is there any possibility that I am on the wrong dlm profile.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You're set on Standard at the moment and your Interleaving is on Low to correct the errors which otherwise be shown on your line.
If your line remains stable and error free, your sync rate will be improved.
redbull2k14
Grafter

are you in a position to view the errors on my line?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yes. I've checked your line and it's now error free, this is likely due the Low Interleaving setting on your line.
redbull2k14
Grafter

I have a slight change in my sync, can you check if i have had any errors since the last time you checked.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The line appears error free at the time of testing.
redbull2k14
Grafter

Why else would my sync lower if there are no errors? I would have assumed it would increase.