Did you mean: 

A Few Internet Requests.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A Few Internet Requests.

Why ?
That is exactly what I predicted (above) !   Crazy
Quote from: purleigh
The problem here is much more likely to be a bad connection or interference, which will still be there when Max Premium has been removed.
I'm waiting for the OP to start going mental when interleaving automatically switches itself back on, to overcome the connection problem.

Grin
Even 'AndyH' in the very first reply in this thread (Reply #1) said -
Quote from: AndyH
Probably worth looking at why interleaving is on in the first place - if you have an underlying issue with your line, then interleaving will return.

Quote from: MickHowes1
i had max premium a few months ago ON an interleavbed line and it still disconected..

Yes it would do ! - because you have a connection fault   Crazy

so for any of your idiotic posts saying bla bla, you don't have a clue. so keep your trap [Censored]

WRONG ! - but that goes without saying   Cheesy

Well considering one of the guys that lives 4 doors down from me is an openreach engineer and ASSURES me there is no congestion at the exchange as of this morning then your blubbering on about [Censored]

WRONG ! - If there is one person I would trust about exchange problems, it is 'Chris Pettitt', and you're saying he's wrong.   Angry

the problem is that my line can only handle 0.37 upload and im getting 0.70 and its makingt me disconnect.

WRONG ! - Max Premium was working just fine and if anything would have made your connection better   Roll_eyes

take max premium off. KEEP interleaving off. want it done by thursday.. there is NO reason not to.

WRONG ! - because it won't make it any better   Crazy

Then saving the best for last, Plusnet's expert 'Chris Pettitt' says -
Quote from: Chris
I completely agree with purleigh on the latter points that he's made about checking your connection rather than moving from Max Premium.

LOL !   Grin   Cool   Roll_eyes
MickHowes1
Grafter

I Dont have a connection fault at all.. the fact that iv been told countless times that my echange is a adsl max echange which only supports up to 0.3-40 meg upload.. anythingt higher is obviously going to force errors on the line... coming from an OR engineer of more than 10 years... so in my eyes... i reckon you ask yourself what happens when something heavy lands on something weak? it breaks? gets damaged?.... thought so.
Dhaos
Grafter

Seriously if your going to claim something as fact at least try googling first to make sure you right. ADSL provides a maximum upstream speed of 448Kbps (832Kbps in the case of ADSL MAX Premium)
A link to plusnets page saying that they can change your upload from 448 to 832 at request http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/speed_guide/upload_speeds.shtml
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: Dhaos
Seriously if your going to claim something as fact at least try googling first to make sure you right.

No no no, you don't understand !, his 'engineer' neighbour will tell him that all that technical mumbo jumbo stuff on Google is wrong !.
Similarly the neighbour thinks that Plusnet engineers don't know what they are talking about, and the broadband fairies will make it all better.
With a bit of luck those mean folk on the Plusnet forum will also stop asking for diagnostic information and trying to help.

Shocked  What a stroke of luck -
I Dont have a connection fault at all.

It would appear that there are no problems now !,  so hopefully this nonsense has ended.

At least there was a happy ending !  Smiley
MickHowes1
Grafter

ur a funny Fucker u aint you? some guy hopping around forums getting mouthy. sort your head out you muppet. And obviously i have a connection fault but the fault is guaranteed to be because of Max premium iv had it on twice now and both times its on it causes disconnections.
Dick:red Avoidance of swear filter edited as per forum rule.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Do the disconnections only occur when the phone rings for an incoming call?
If the answer to that is no, Max Premium is NOT causing your issues.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anonymous
Not applicable

@'MickHowes1' - So can you explain how your disconnections and Max Premium are related ?
The amount of data that can be transferred up or down, is determined by how many different modulated tones can reliably be exchanged between your modem and the exchange.  The tones used for standard ADSL and Max Premium are the same (31 up and 224 down), and there is no increase in the frequency range of the tones used for Max Premium (as there would be if comparing with ADSL2+).

To your modem, normal ADSL is the same as Max Premium,  EXCEPT that standard ADSL has an artificial upstream sync rate limit of 448Kbps applied to it by the exchange - so BT can charge extra for an uncapped upload speed.
The upstream sync limit on Max Premium (832Kbps) is also an artificial limit, as the the modem is capable of 1.3Mbps, and explains why modems will often report both the actual and maximum sync rate statistics.  This excess bandwidth ensures that within reasonable conditions there should be sufficient tones to overcome most upstream line problems and provide the maximum stated speeds.
The modem has the same range of tones available to choose from for both standard ADSL and Max Premium, it is just that the quantity used is greater when the sync rate is higher.
If there are interference or attenuation problems with the line, the modem/exchange will choose not to allocate tones that can't be used reliably.
If the number of these unallocated tones becomes too great, then you might end up with a lower sync rate.
If the signal conditions on the line get worse, then further tones become unavailable, and the sync rate will be lowered until reliable communications can be maintained.
Your speed test results show that your Max Premium upload speed was 0.7Mbps,  which suggests the sync rate was 832Kbps, and shows that you don't have a problem with the quality of the tones,  therefore Max Premium will not be the cause of your disconnections.
This is a simplified explanation (for the technically challenged !), as each tone also can represent a different number of data bits depending on a number of additional factors.
MickHowes1
Grafter

You're going to technical for a forum reader, I am going by what the local OR engineer has stated to me on multiple occasions. My internet has been fine for the last 5 months on NON max premium and as soon as i got max premium on my line the very first day i had about 10-15 disconnections. Trying not to be a twat about this situation is pretty hard considering im paying more for my internet than most FIBRE customers are paying for theirs, and i'm getting a worse service. I also dont understand how it has taken about a week to get my line off of max premium, even if there servers are glithced surely they should have 'quick fixes' at the ready incase their system crashes... Still waiting on my max premium to be removed, the problem consists of xDSL linestate going down in the router logs. I have tried another 2 routers and it comes up with the exact same fault, From my listening from the OR engineer it is because the upstream is too high for my adsl line and cannot hold the sync for a substantial amount of time and will constantly disconnect just to regain signal... xDSL linstate dopwn for about 30 seconds then it comes on and its fine again. however the lights on my router flash.. but are green.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Have you checked the error counts shown by the router. If your theory is correct you should be seeing loads of errors logged upstream around the time of the disconnect.
MickHowes1
Grafter

At this very moment i cannot check as from the recent disconnection i have not and still cant load upo my router page. simply doesnt let me open it. I'm also just off the phone with plusnet technical team who were kind enough just to tell me there is no problems with the system and order and that there is no order for max premium and my upload to be capped again..... and now because its the weekend the order wont go through to mid next week. also had a chat about the line. the only disconnections i've had are supposedly only when i reset the router.. but my internet light doesnt ACTUALLY go off... it just flashes green rapidly for around thirty seconds and then resyncs. I pointed out to him that the errors have only been occuring since max premium was put on my line and he also stated that it may well be the problem as the exchange im on BARELY supports ADSL. And now there going to do tests on my line for the next 3 days with bt and if nothing happens my order will be completed mid next week and hopefully fixed.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

the only disconnections i've had are supposedly only when i reset the router.. but my internet light doesnt ACTUALLY go off... it just flashes green rapidly for around thirty seconds and then resyncs

Oh shit! I can't believe that CSC staff still haven't been trained to not rely on the radius logs to tell if the user is suffering disconnections. Radius logs will only record a disconnect if the PPP session drops. If sync is lost and regained in less than around 15 seconds the PPP session is not lost and so not recorded in radius. There is a different place they have to look in their system to see all the sync events recorded by BT.
MickHowes1
Grafter

I Check my router after most disconnections and it comes up with xDSL linestate down. and then all the stats of sycning etc.... and yes it is around 15 seconds i dc for.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

When I was having my problems with the Marconi exchange equipmentand Max Premium I copied the entries from the router log in to the ticket (since they moved me over to the good equipment it's all been excellent - still on Max Premium, currently synced for nearly 19 days and less than 400 errors in all that time).
MickHowes1
Grafter

how do i get them to do it to mine though, i disconnect like 20-40 times a day now:(
jelv
Seasoned Hero

The Marconi issue ONLY happens while an incoming call is ringing, the rest of the time there are no problems. If loss of sync is occurring when the phone isn't ringing you don't have this problem.