cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 Engineers later....

serenfach
Dabbler

7 Engineers later....

A ticket was raised on the 3rd July as my broadband had dropped below 0.5mg.   Since then I have had 7 engineer visits and am now waiting for the 8th.   Some have found a fault but have been unable to find where the fault was, apart from my house wiring to the pole was “fine”.   The engineers have been up the pole (where they cut a neighbour off”) and done endless tests.   Then they leave, my broadband is now as below. 

So how much longer can this go on?  10 engineers? 20?  I am now down at least £600, never mind the time wasted.  Why do engineers need to come to the house when the line here has been checked multiple times and found to be fine?  This has now appeared in the ticket:-

If the engineer finds the problem is with your internal wiring, your equipment, the condition of your property or the Openreach network has been damaged within the boundary of your property by things like building or garden works or if no fault is found, you will receive a charge of £65 to cover the cost of the engineer.”

I always thought my responsibility for faults started at the internal phone box.  Now apparently I am expected to shin up to the roof to check the wiring, but as an OAP I would find this rather a difficult task.

I was also told several engineer visits ago that this was being raised to some higher level.  Apparently this dropped back down to “normal, don’t panic” level.  Not that this seems to make any difference. 

My speed now….see attached.

So, in brief – terrible broadband, huge cost, no fix.  What would you do?

5 REPLIES 5
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: 7 Engineers later....

Can you please explain why there is a huge cost? If you still have a fault that is not fixed there should be no charge for any number of engineer visits. Have you actually seen any charges on your PlusNet bill?

serenfach
Dabbler

Loss of earnings. It will be 40 hours with the engineers visit on Friday. 

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

@serenfach wrote:

but as an OAP 

Huh

My other car isn't a Ferrari
serenfach
Dabbler

OAPs work you know....could you live on £130 a week?

Anyway, back to the problem.  Could you live with broadband at around 0.30mb?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi serenfach, 

Sorry to hear about the protracted issue first of all. Apologies too for the message about the boundaries of your property being relevant to a potential charge, that's incorrect. The demarcation point is still the test socket so I will pass on some feedback about that. 

I can see a further visit has been booked in for the 17th so we do need to see that through but I will make sure notes added to the fault do point out the previous issues that we've reported so we can make sure the most consistent approach possible is being taken. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team